Bhavish Aggarwal gives 500 Ola cabs to transport doctors and medical workers during coronavirus
Bhavish Aggarwaldonates one year salary towards a Covid-19fund.
- The billionaire entrepreneur reportedly offered 500 cabs to the Karnataka government for Covid-19 work
- They also opened up a crowdfunding campaign with an aim to collect ₹50 crore.
While cabs are not plying on the roads due to the lockdown, this could be a way they could be used to tackle the
The Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka confirmed the news on Twitter.
Olacabs has agreed to give 500 OLA vehicles for #Covid_19 related activities in Karnataka. These vehicles will be… https://t.co/O6mKHq3BiC— Dr. Ashwathnarayan C. N. (@drashwathcn) 1585549932000
Considering that thousands of Ola drivers are left with no work during the lockdown, yet have rents to pay and families to feed, Ola started a driver’s fund to help its partners.
The Ola group and its employees are contributing ₹20 crore, while Aggarwal’s one-year salary too will go towards the fund.
Millions of drivers & their families find themselves without an income today. To support them, we are launching the… https://t.co/ZWRjf8qMth— Bhavish Aggarwal (@bhash) 1585314565000
They also opened up a crowdfunding campaign with an aim to collect ₹50 crore.
We’re very encouraged by the early support for the #DriveTheDriverFund but we have a long way to go. I urge you all… https://t.co/WAsHO0wQwM— Bhavish Aggarwal (@bhash) 1585480869000
“The crisis at this time has left thousands of drivers who form the backbone of shared mobility without an income. To support them in this testing time, we are launching the ‘Drive the Driver’ fund which will provide bare-necessities to all driver-partners, across auto-rickshaws and kaali peelis in the form of essential supplies and free medical and emergency support” said Anand Subramanian, spokesperson and Head of communications, Ola.
Ola is also offering benefits on insurance for drivers and their spouses against loss of income if they get infected with COVID-19.
Ola, Swiggy, Paytm dole out benefits for drivers, delivery agents and employees in the testing times of Coronavirus
- Nearly half of Apple retail stores now open globally
- Bengal minister tests positive for COVID-19
- How to watch live stream of SpaceX’s second attempt to launch NASA astronauts into space on Sunday
- Net monthly inflow from foreign investors turns positive for the first time in 2020 — thanks to GSK deal with Societe Generale
- Agriculture key to reviving economy in Nagaland: Minister