Byju’s is now a decacorn with the latest investment from Mary Meeker’s BOND
- With this Byju’s valuation soars to $10.5 billion, according to Business Insider sources. Byju’s is now the third Indian startup after Paytm and OYO to be a
- In March and April, BYJU’s added 13.5 million consumers.
- The startup now has 50 million users on its platform, even though paid user count is 3.5 million and its annual renewal rates are as high as 85%.
With this Byju’s valuation soars to $10.5 billion, according to Business Insider sources. Byju’s is now the third Indian startup after Paytm and OYO to be a decacorn.
“This partnership is a testament to the role that BYJU’S is playing in helping students learn better by customizing our platform to their abilities. It also demonstrates the rising global interest in education technology as digital learning becomes increasingly accepted and embraced,” said Byju Raveendran, Founder & CEO.
Founded by Byju and his wife Divya Gokulnath, Byju’s had raised $200 million from the private equity firm General Atlantic in February 2020. Last year, Byju became the newest face in the Forbes Billionaire list, with a net worth of $1.9 billion.
With the coronavirus lockdown, Byju’s has had a busy year. In March and April, BYJU’s added 13.5 million consumers. It was the first to announce that its content would now be available for free for all soon after the lockdown, and that got the ed-tech giant, which was already profitable, a new wave of users.
The company had already doubled its revenue to ₹2,800 crore ($370 million) in the year ending March 2020, revealed co-founder Divya Gokulnath in an earlier interview to Business Insider. “We have met our revenue target of ₹2800 crore. This has happened even when our consumer (students) and purchaser (parents) are different,” she said.
AdvertisementThe startup now has 50 million users on its platform, even though paid user count is 3.5 million and its annual renewal rates are as high as 85%
- Sensex registers worst trading day since May 2020 — ends nearly 2000 points lower
- HUL aims to achieve 100% plastic waste collection this year
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality