Byju’s sees a 60% increase in new students after making its app free for all
- Byju Raveendran's Byju's, within seven days of making its app free, saw a 60% increase in the number of new users.
- Schools across the country are shut because of the rising number of
- Students in Classes 1-3 can access Math and English lessons and students in Classes 4-12 can learn Math and Science concepts on the BYJU’S app.
And within seven days of making its app free, Byju’s saw a 60% increase in the number of new users. Byju’s had 2.8 million paid users on its platform as of December 2019.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU“The number of queries from students and parents for our home learning programmes have more than doubled in the past one week. Students across both metros and non metros are increasingly accessing the lessons on the app. In fact, students with year-end exams (higher grades) are using the video lessons to revise crucial concepts while the younger grade students are learning new concepts and getting themselves ready for the coming year,” said Divya Gokulnath, co-founder and director, Byju’s.
Students in Classes 1-3 can access Math and English lessons and students in Classes 4-12 can learn Math and Science concepts on the app.
According to a UNESCO report, over 290 million students across 13 countries will be impacted because of the COVID-19 crisis. And in times like these online learning platforms like Byju’s, Unacademy, Toppr have stepped up to help out students.
“Online learning has offered students a viable solution to learn from the comfort of their homes during these uncertain times. With the government also actively promoting the adoption of online learning, students and parents are appreciating and benefiting from initiatives like these. Daily access to quality education is extremely important for the wholesome development of children,” said Divya.
coronavirus: Latest News, Articles on coronavirus | Business Insider India
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins