Canadian edtech unicorn ApplyBoard to 'step up' growth in India, raises $300 million in external investment
The company said that a significant part of new funding will be utilised to expand its operations and team in
The round was led by Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, through its Teachers' Innovation Platform (TIP).
Since its founding, ApplyBoard has raised $475 million.
"With limited international travel over the past year, we are seeing pent-up demand from
The company said that India is at the centre of defining and developing ApplyBoard's product strategies.
India will see a significant expansion of ApplyBoard's already strong presence in the country.
Additionally, the company said it is aiming to continue investing in the expansion of their product offerings to their students and partners and add to their growing brand visibility for India.
"We are excited by the opportunities this funding will provide as a significant part of this funding will help us further step up the product and business growth in India and support students wishing to study abroad along their journey," said Karunn Kandoi, GM and Head of
Gautam Adani loses over $7 billion in net worth after questions over the meteoric rise in group stocks
Adani group, PNB, Coal India, TCS and other stocks to watch out for on June 14
Weekly crypto roundup: WazirX under scrutiny, El Salvador makes Bitcoin legal tender and more
Popular on BI
- Unacademy launches offline classes to take on Byju's-owned Aakash Institute
- Pollution cost nine million lives across the globe in 2019, India tops the list: Lancet
- Here are the top 10 companies in India as per market value after the LIC IPO
- India falls four spots on fixed broadband speed globally; goes from 72nd to 76th rank in April
- Vivo X80 5G vs Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G: Which one should you buy?