Canadian edtech unicorn ApplyBoard to 'step up' growth in India, raises $300 million in external investment
The company said that a significant part of new funding will be utilised to expand its operations and team in
The round was led by Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, through its Teachers' Innovation Platform (TIP).
AdvertisementSince its founding, ApplyBoard has raised $475 million.
"With limited international travel over the past year, we are seeing pent-up demand from
The company said that India is at the centre of defining and developing ApplyBoard's product strategies.
India will see a significant expansion of ApplyBoard's already strong presence in the country.
Additionally, the company said it is aiming to continue investing in the expansion of their product offerings to their students and partners and add to their growing brand visibility for India.
"We are excited by the opportunities this funding will provide as a significant part of this funding will help us further step up the product and business growth in India and support students wishing to study abroad along their journey," said Karunn Kandoi, GM and Head of
Gautam Adani loses over $7 billion in net worth after questions over the meteoric rise in group stocks
Adani group, PNB, Coal India, TCS and other stocks to watch out for on June 14
Weekly crypto roundup: WazirX under scrutiny, El Salvador makes Bitcoin legal tender and more
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles