Coinbase hires former Google Pay exec to lead India ops, is hiring aggressively and looking for startup acquisitions
cryptocurrency firmhas hired Pankaj Gupta, Google Pay’s engineering lead in India and Asia Pacific, as the VP of engineering and site lead for India.
- Gupta took to Twitter to announce his appointment and said that he will be “responsible for leading and building from scratch the company's technology hub in India.”
- The company is now aggressively
hiring in Indiaand has openings for product and engineering roles.
Gupta took to social media to announce his appointment and said that he will be “responsible for leading and building from scratch the company's technology hub in India.”
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
Life Update !After ~4 wonderful years leading Google Pay Engg in India and APAC, I am leaving Google at the end… https://t.co/yP0F1Gqb0B— Pankaj Gupta (@pankaj) 1618976976000
The cryptocurrency exchange recently made a blockbuster debut in the US stock market.
“We expect to open a physical office, initially in Hyderabad, for Indian employees as COVID-related conditions allow,” the company had said in a blog.
The company is now aggressively hiring in India and has openings for product and engineering roles. “India has world-class tech expertise and some of the brightest minds in the industry. Coinbase plans to tap and develop this local talent. The plan is to hire hundreds of employees, across all levels in Eng, PM & UX (engineering, product management and user experience) within the next 1–2 years to build out a full tech hub,” wrote Gupta on Twitter.
Gupta also added that Coinbase’s India expansion plans could also look at some possible acquisitions. “To support our ambitious growth plans in India, we will also explore startup acquisitions and acquihires,” he wrote.
Apple AirTag, iPad Pro, new iMac with M1 chip India pricing and availability details
SaaS startup Chargebee is the 11th unicorn of 2021 and the sixth for Tiger Global this year alone
- These are some of the highest paid founders of Indian startups tapping capital markets this year
- Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO opens—here is all you need to know
- Exxaro Tiles IPO opens today—here’s how to apply for IPO, check allotment status, listing date and more
- Devyani International IPO: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox
- Windlas Biotech IPO open today: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox