Cure.fit strengthens its US offering by acquiring digital trainer and workout app Onyx
- Indian fitness platform Cure.fit has acquired Onyx, a California-based digital trainer and workout app.
- Earlier in July 2020, Cure.fit had first entered the US market.
- Its US foray was with its popular digital platforms – Cult.fit, the fitness app, and Mind.fit, the mindfulness and meditation app.
AdvertisementIndian fitness platform Cure.fit has acquired Onyx, a California-based digital trainer and workout app, which claims to be building “the world’s smartest digital training experience”. The amount for the acquisition remains undisclosed.
Earlier in July 2020, Cure.fit had entered the US market, after marking its international expansion with Dubai in 2019. Its US foray was with its popular digital platforms – Cult.fit, the fitness app, and Mind.fit, the mindfulness and meditation app.
“The 20s will be the decade of digital health. Onyx will accelerate our efforts towards building a hardware agnostic AI-led platform that offers guided content on physical & mental wellness and nutrition all at the same place. Users will get a personalised experience with high quality tech and human touch, and will be able to achieve their fitness goals from the comfort of their homes without spending on expensive hardware,” said Mukesh Bansal, Co-founder, Cure.fit.
Onyx, founded in 2018, had so far raised a pre-Series A round of funding. The app was recently featured as “App of the Day” on Apple’s App Store.
Asaf Avidan Antonir, co-founder of Onyx said that the acquisition by Cure.fit will further boost their aim of bringing digital fitness experiences to a global audience. “High accuracy body tracking combined with studio quality content will help us create a very differentiated experience for our users,” said Antonir.
In India, Cure.fit had reopened its doors after the pandemic in October 2020. The startup had also recently launched a B2B offering called Cure.fit for Business through which companies can look at employee health and wellness initiatives.
Budget 2021: From Income Tax deductions to creating jobs and boosting healthcare – Here’s all that could be in Nirmala Sitharaman’s fiscal plans
Popular on BI
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries