Snapdeal launches an e-store for Dhanteras – with gold, silver coins and more
Snapdealhas launched an e-store for Dhanteras.
- The e-store will have various products from home utensils, to silver and gold coins, gemstones, pooja items and even home decor.
- This year’s
Diwali salesfor the e-commerce company grew by 50% over last year.
AdvertisementIndia’s third largest marketplace Snapdeal launched an e-store exclusively for Dhanteras. The festival which falls on October 25, marks the first day or the beginning of Diwali.
Snapdeal’s e-store specifically provides items that people in India usually buy for Dhanteras – from utensils to silver and gold coins, gemstones, pooja items and even home decor. It will also have 12,000 copper utensils which is a hot seller during the season.
The silver coins on the platform are available at a starting price of ₹149. These bars and coins are available from brands like MMTC Pamp, Bangalore Refinery, National India Bullion Refinery(NIBR), Goldsikka Jewels and more, said the company.
“The design of items in the store is a combination of traditional and contemporary. They are put together in a systematic manner to ensure that shoppers have quick and easy access to all things needed on Dhanteras,” said a Snapdeal spokesperson.
Snapdeal’s move to launch the e-store could work well in its favour. It is already riding high on its festive season sales.
This year, its Diwali sales grew by 50% over the last year. As much as 90% of its orders came from non-metro cities.
The company also got its highest site visits ever in September, with at 87 million.
Popular on BI
- Jhulan Goswami’s two decade-long career is ‘monumental’, says BCCI on her retirement
- Chandigarh airport to be named after Bhagat Singh: PM Modi
- RBI set for fourth straight rate hike to quell inflation, say experts
- No peace overtures expected between India and Pakistan
- Space dedicated to food and beverage companies in malls on the rise post pandemic