Dream11’s parent company is reportedly the latest contender for a public market debut in the US
- The company is looking to raise $1.5 billion at a valuation of $6 billion.
- Dream Sports'
IPOin the US could be through a special purpose acquisition company ( SPAC).
- Dream Sports’ news on listing follows the reports of firms like Zomato, Delhivery, Nykaa, Pine Labs among others which are all looking to make their public market debut.
Dream Sports’ news about the listing follows the reports of unicorns like Zomato, Delhivery, Nykaa, Pine Labs among others which are all looking to make their public market debut.
Business Insider has written to Dream Sports requesting comments and the story will be updated if and when the company responds.
AdvertisementThe news of
As per the news report, banks like Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and Citigroup are in talks with the company for the probable listing, which could also be through a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC). SPAC companies are generally formed as “blank cheque” firms with the specific purpose to raise capital through a market debut to acquire another company.
E-commerce giant Flipkart is also looking to list in the US through a merger with a SPAC, while renewable energy firm Renew Power has already announced its merger with a blank cheque company for a listing in the US.
Dreamsports had last raised $400 million in March, 2021. With the same, the sportstech platform's valuation had almost doubled to $5 billion. The secondary investment round was led by investors TCV, D1 Capital Partners and Falcon Edge, while the company's earlier investors Tiger Global, ChrysCapital, TPG Growth, Steadview Capital and Footpath Ventures too participated in the round.
The 13-year old startup had also become the title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2020.
Razorpay raises $160 million at $3 billion valuation, plans for more acquisitions
VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Kunal Shah’s CRED doubles its valuation to $4 billion in less than six months
- Apple MacBook Pro and AirPods 3 launched – Indian pricing, features and everything you need to know
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- IRCTC crosses ₹1 lakh crore in market cap for the first time as investors adore its monopoly
- Crypto markets restless as Bitcoin ETF gears up to meet the NYSE tonight