Logistics startup ElasticRun raises $40 million to expand to new geographies
ElasticRunraised $40 million from Prosus Ventures, which was formerly called Naspers Ventures.
- The startup is currently present in 200 cities in India.
- This year, two
logistics startupsDelhivery and Rivigo have achieved unicorn status.
AdvertisementPune-based logistics firm ElasticRun raised $40 million from Prosus Ventures, which was formerly called Naspers Ventures. The round also saw participation from Avataar Ventures and Kalaari Capital.
With the funding, ElasticRun will invest in building its technology platform and evolve its analytics and machine learning platform. The startup also wants to expand to newer geographies. It is currently present in 200 cities in India.
“The last mile problem is still a major issue both for logistics and consumer goods companies in India. By working with the network of small stores across the country, we solve that problem while helping the store owners grow their businesses at the same time. In addition, offering a flexible logistics extension to consumer goods companies to directly reach these small retail shops is a huge advantage over traditional distribution networks,” said Sandeep Deshmukh, ElasticRun Co-Founder and CEO.
The latest funding in the $300 billion logistics industry in India is another proof of growing investor interest in the category. This year, two logistics startups Delhivery and Rivigo also achieved unicorn status.
Rivigo raised $65 million in its latest Series E round. The funding came in from PE firm Warburg Pincus and SAIF Partners. Another logistics startup Blackbuck raised funds in May and fell a few million short of being a unicorn. It is currently valued at $950 million.
Blackbuck raised $150 million from Goldman Sachs Investment Partners and Silicon Valley-based Accel, along with Wellington, Sequoia Capital, B Capital and LightStreet and existing investors Sands Capital and International Finance Corporation.
Popular on BI
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Dalal Street set for a sustained upswing as RBI interest rates peak
- Workplace toxicity is common but not enough gets recorded, say HR veterans
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a tepid note amid mixed global cues: Adani group, Torrent Power, Mazagon Dock among stocks to watch
- These midcap stocks can be the next multibaggers, according to Goldman Sachs
- Auto and BFSI seen driving India Inc’s earnings growth this financial year