Facebook-backed Meesho raises $300 million from SoftBank Vision Fund 2 – valuation jumps to over $2 billion
Meeshois a marketplace for resellers, and connects them with customers via social media channels like WhatsApp and
SoftBank Vision Fund2 led the round, it also saw participation from Meesho’s existing investors Prosus Ventures, Facebook, Shunwei Capital, Venture Highway and Knollwood Investment.
- The social commerce platform will be hiring across verticals — technology, product, and business, among others.
AdvertisementSocial commerce platform Meesho, which was the first Indian startup in which Facebook picked up an equity stake, has raised $300 million from
The round also saw participation from Meesho’s existing investors Prosus Ventures, Facebook, Shunwei Capital, Venture Highway and Knollwood Investment.
Meesho is a marketplace for resellers and connects them with customers via social media channels like WhatsApp and Facebook. In the last one year, Meesho claims to have helped 13 million entrepreneurs through its platform.
“We are focused on expanding our vision — from helping aspiring women entrepreneurs to creating Meesho as a single ecosystem that will enable all small businesses in India to succeed online. In the last one year, we have seen tremendous growth across small businesses and entrepreneurs seeking to move their businesses online. And with our new vision we will enable 100 million small businesses to start, succeed and lead their operations online with Meesho as their partner in their journey,” said Vidit Aatrey, founder and chief executive officer of Meesho in a statement.
With the latest funds, the social commerce platform will be hiring across verticals — technology, product, and business, among others.
“By using the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning, Meesho has created a platform for many small business owners to sell to the next cohort of internet users,” said Munish Varma, managing partner at SoftBank Investment Advisers in a statement.
Here’s a look at what is allowed and what is not during the weekend lockdown and night curfew in Maharashtra
Popular on BI
- Best HP laptop in India 2022: Which one is for you?
- Towards 'zero hunger': Odisha tops 'State Ranking Index' first under under National Food Security Act; UP, Andhra, and Gujarat also score high
- Best face creams and lotions for men in India
- Monsoon rain wreaks havoc in Himachal and Karnataka, orange alert in Gujarat
- Apple’s MacBook Air with M2 chip will go on sale from July 15, pre-orders starting July 8