FlexiLoans raises ₹150 crore in equity and debt funding – Falguni and Sanjay Nayar Family Office bets on the lending startup
- The equity funding round was led entirely by the Falguni and Sanjay Nayar Family Office, the investment arm of Nykaa founder Falguni Nayar and her investment banker husband, Sanjay Nayar.
- With the latest funding, FlexiLoans has raised a total of ₹500 crore in equity and debt funding so far.
- The startup was founded in 2016 by graduates of Indian School of Business Abhishek Kothari, Deepak Jain, Manish Lunia, and Ritesh Jain.
“FlexiLoans.com has one of the strongest fintech technology platforms with a right mix of strategy, business partnerships and underwriting processes to capitalize on the digital lending opportunity in India, especially in the post-COVID environment,” said a spokesperson from the Nayar Family Office.
With the latest funding, FlexiLoans has raised a total of ₹500 crore in equity and debt funding. Founded in 2016 by graduates of Indian School of Business Abhishek Kothari, Deepak Jain, Manish Lunia, and Ritesh Jain, FlexiLoans now plans to scale up its SME lending, while also expanding its supply chain and co-lending verticals.
“FlexiLoans.com is now poised to enter the next phase of its growth journey that we have clearly crafted on the lines of Profitability, Growth and Risk Control. We chose to accept this bid over other term sheets we had from a few institutional investors, given the long term nature of this capital,” said Deepak Jain, co-founder of FlexiLoans.com in a statement.
The startup was also one of the four Indian startups to be named in the global ‘Emerging 50’ FinTechs, according to a report released by KPMG in collaboration with H2 Ventures.
'India can provide teachers to the world, just like software engineers,' says Byju Raveendran as he plans to take his $11 billion edtech startup to US shores
Popular on BI
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity