Google For Startups announces its next cohort with 20 Indian startups
The fourth GFS Accelerator programme has not only doubled its batch size from 10 to 20 startups but also expanded the scope of the programme, to include startups that are using cutting-edge tech to meaningfully help India and the world adapt and move forward from the pandemic.
It comprises startups from key categories that require urgent innovation, such as workplace collaboration and connection tools, mental health and wellness, health-tech, fintech and agritech, the company said in a statement.
"GFS Accelerator's mission is more important in the present times when this ecosystem faces unprecedented odds. Hence, we aim to focus single-mindedly on helping startups tide over the next 18-24 months, when the effects of the pandemic will be felt the strongest," said Paul Ravindranath G, Programme Manager, GFS Accelerator, Google India.
The ongoing support ranges from access to Google teams, tech guidance on projects, machine learning related support, user experience and design mentorship, leadership workshops, networking opportunities at industry engagements, PR support and more.
The 20 Indian startups include Antwak, BharatAri, BlackLight Games, Decoder, Factors.ai, Foxy.in, Gram Powder, InnerHour, Leher, Lokal, Math Buddy, Mera Cashier, Mosaic Wellness, myHQ, Navia Life Care, Orowealth, Virohan, Wellthy Therapeutics, Womaniya, and Zee Auto.
AdvertisementSince 2015, GFS Accelerator has supported over 60 startups, which have collectively raised over $700 million in funding and played a key role in making India the second largest startup ecosystem in the world.
Since the start of the year, over 500 startups have benefited from mentorships and webinar content specially created by Google mentors and collaborators.
Earlier in the year,
- Farmers to march towards Parliament from different locations on Budget day on February 1: Farmer leader Darshan Pal. PTI TRS GJS GJS TIR TIR
- Apple doubles its India market share in Q4 2020 thanks to the launch of its online store and sales of iPhone 11, XR and 12
- Elon Musk says Tesla has better software, hardware than Google's Waymo
- Twitter celebrates India's Republic Day with a new emoji
- Sensex tumbles 531 points, Nifty ends below 14,250 — IT and auto drag market lower