The Indian government is calling for nominations for the National Startup Awards 2020 — here’s how you can apply
- The government is hosting the National Startup Awards 2020 for startups, incubators and accelerators.
- The awards has 12 categories including Agriculture, education, enterprise technology, energy, finance, food, industry 4.0, health, space, security, tourism and urban services.
- The last date for application for the startup awards is December 31.
AdvertisementIndia’s startup ecosystem is the third largest in the world with over 20 unicorns. The Narendra Modi-led government has introduced many initiatives like Startup India to also build a conducive environment for entrepreneurs. And now, the government is hosting the National Startup Awards 2020.
The awards has 12 categories including Agriculture, education, enterprise technology, energy, finance, food, industry 4.0, health, space, security, tourism and urban services. The last date for application for the startup awards is December 31.
Apart from startups, enablers like incubators and accelerators can also apply.
Here’s how startups can apply
To apply for an award, the startup has to be a DPIIT-recognized startup, with a hardware or software solution in the market. The startup has to submit all audited financial statements for the last three financial years and should also ensure there has not been any default in its finances.
Log on to startupindia.gov.in/awards to apply as a startup, register your official email address to fill out the form.
The winner from each category;s sub sector will get a cash prize of ₹5 lakh along with an opportunity to present their business solution to public authorities as well as corporates for potential pilot projects and work projects.
|Agriculture||1. Productivity 2. Farmer Engagement and Education 3. Post Harvest 4. Allied Areas (Fisheries, Poultry, Animal Husbandry etc.)|
|Education||1. Access to Institutional Education 2. Access to Open Education 3. Teacher Training|
|Enterprise Technology||Enterprise Solutions|
|Energy||1. Clean Energy 2.Energy Storage 3.Energy Efficiency|
|Finance||1. Payments Wallets – include P2P lendingetc.2.Financial Literacy Engagement|
|Food||1. Food Processing 2.Access to Food|
|Health||1.Access to healthcare2.Diagnostics3.Life Sciences4.Medical Devices|
|Industry 4.0||1.Big Data 2.Internet of Things 3.3D Printing 4.Augmented Reality Products /Wearables 5.Cloud computing 4 6.Robotics 7.Computer Vision|
|Space||Space Tech Solutions|
|Security||1.Cyber Security2.Citizen Security Solutions|
|Tourism||1.Travel Planning & discovery2.Hospitality|
|Urban Services||1.Construction/development monitoringsolutions2.Traffic Management3.Water/water networks4.Waste Management|
|Special Category: WomenLed Startups|
|Special Category: RuralDevelopment|
|Special Category: CampusStartup|
Here’s how ecosystem enablers can apply
Ecosystem enablers like incubators and accelerators too can apply for the award.
To apply, incubator or accelerator has to have been around for two years at least and should be an independent entity - a company, a public trust or a society. While the incubator should have graduated at least 15 startups, the accelerator should have graduated at least 10 startups to be eligible to apply.
AdvertisementLog on to startupindia.gov.in/awards to apply as an incubator or accelerator, register your official email address to fill out the form.
The winning cash prize for the enablers is ₹15 lakhs.
Startup India Vision 2024: DPIIT for cutting compliance time to just 1 hour per month for start-ups
No Angel Tax for startups registered with DPIIT, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the red amid mixed global cues: Coal India, Tata Motors, HDFC Life among stocks to watch
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June