The Indian government is calling for nominations for the National Startup Awards 2020 — here’s how you can apply
- The government is hosting the National Startup Awards 2020 for startups, incubators and accelerators.
- The awards has 12 categories including Agriculture, education, enterprise technology, energy, finance, food, industry 4.0, health, space, security, tourism and urban services.
- The last date for application for the startup awards is December 31.
The awards has 12 categories including Agriculture, education, enterprise technology, energy, finance, food, industry 4.0, health, space, security, tourism and urban services. The last date for application for the startup awards is December 31.
Apart from startups, enablers like incubators and accelerators can also apply.
AdvertisementHere’s how startups can apply
To apply for an award, the startup has to be a DPIIT-recognized startup, with a hardware or software solution in the market. The startup has to submit all audited financial statements for the last three financial years and should also ensure there has not been any default in its finances.
Log on to startupindia.gov.in/awards to apply as a startup, register your official email address to fill out the form.
The winner from each category;s sub sector will get a cash prize of ₹5 lakh along with an opportunity to present their business solution to public authorities as well as corporates for potential pilot projects and work projects.
|Agriculture||1. Productivity 2. Farmer Engagement and Education 3. Post Harvest 4. Allied Areas (Fisheries, Poultry, Animal Husbandry etc.)|
|Education||1. Access to Institutional Education 2. Access to Open Education 3. Teacher Training|
|Enterprise Technology||Enterprise Solutions|
|Energy||1. Clean Energy 2.Energy Storage 3.Energy Efficiency|
|Finance||1. Payments Wallets – include P2P lendingetc.2.Financial Literacy Engagement|
|Food||1. Food Processing 2.Access to Food|
|Health||1.Access to healthcare2.Diagnostics3.Life Sciences4.Medical Devices|
|Industry 4.0||1.Big Data 2.Internet of Things 3.3D Printing 4.Augmented Reality Products /Wearables 5.Cloud computing 4 6.Robotics 7.Computer Vision|
|Space||Space Tech Solutions|
|Security||1.Cyber Security2.Citizen Security Solutions|
|Tourism||1.Travel Planning & discovery2.Hospitality|
|Urban Services||1.Construction/development monitoringsolutions2.Traffic Management3.Water/water networks4.Waste Management|
|Special Category: WomenLed Startups|
|Special Category: RuralDevelopment|
|Special Category: CampusStartup|
Here’s how ecosystem enablers can apply
Ecosystem enablers like incubators and accelerators too can apply for the award.
AdvertisementTo apply, incubator or accelerator has to have been around for two years at least and should be an independent entity - a company, a public trust or a society. While the incubator should have graduated at least 15 startups, the accelerator should have graduated at least 10 startups to be eligible to apply.
Log on to startupindia.gov.in/awards to apply as an incubator or accelerator, register your official email address to fill out the form.
The winning cash prize for the enablers is ₹15 lakhs.
Startup India Vision 2024: DPIIT for cutting compliance time to just 1 hour per month for start-ups
No Angel Tax for startups registered with DPIIT, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Former Paytm Money CEO launches his own financial services platform with an investment from Mirae, and several other major startup founders
- A candid Kavin Mittal admits his mistakes as he reinvents Hike and plans fresh fundraising this year
- CarbonWatch — India’s first mobile app to calculate your carbon footprint falls short of its promises
- Reddit recovers from a major outage as GameStop shares soar over 100%
- Nureca stocks debut on bourses at 59% premium over IPO price