IIT Madras-incubated EV startup Esmito raises ₹10 crore
- The EV startup will use the funds for expanding its swapping solutions and to strengthen the technology team.
- It also aims to build multiple use cases in key segments like logistics and MAAS (Mobility as a Service).
- The EV industry in India is projected to grow between 30-90% CAGR, according to various reports.
The funds will be used for the expansion of swapping solutions and to strengthen the technology team and enable it to continue executing its growth and expansion strategy, the company said.
Esmito said it also aims to build multiple use cases in key segments like logistics and MAAS (Mobility as a Service).
“Esmito is rightly positioned in a rapidly growing and a fast evolving EV market. Based on our strengths in building scalable swapping technology, we believe that Esmito can unlock immense value for the end user, thereby accelerating the adoption of EVs in the country,” said Hasan Ali, co-founder, Esmito.
Founded by Ali,
The EV industry in India is projected to grow between 30-90% CAGR, according to various reports.
“The Indian EV market is evolving rapidly and the Government has been at the forefront of framing policies related to EV adoption, battery standardisation and swapping in India,” said
Kumar further added, “This roughly translates into EV sales overtaking ICE (internal combustion engines) vehicle sales by mid-to-late 2030s with India becoming the 3rd largest EV market. Combined with the fact that this adoption is going to be much faster in the commercial 2-wheeler and 3-wheeler categories, which Esmito aims to serve, we think that there is a lot of potential of rapid value creation in this space.”
Looming US Fed rate hike drags markets down as investors remain cautious
Adani Group enters into a no-poaching pact with Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries
Popular on BI
- UltraTech to take over Kesoram's cement business in an all-share deal
- Credit score improvement requires strict disciple but it is possible – Here’s how go about it
- Stellar listing gains: Book profits if there are bumper gains say experts
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- India Squad announced for South Africa Tour - Rohit Sharma in Tests, SuryaKumar Yadav in T20s and KL Rahul in ODIs will lead