In a first after Budget 2020, CarDekho announces ESOP sale worth $3.2 mn for its employees
CarDekhohas offered its employees the option to sell their stock in the company.
- Eligible employees will be able to cash out 50% of their vested options.
- This is the first
ESOP saleprogram after the Budget 2020announcement.
In the Budget, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gave a five-year tax holiday on ESOPS. ESOPs will now be taxable when the employee sells the shares or exits the company or five years after the shares were exercised, whichever is the earliest.
The cash out is estimated to be worth $3.5 million and as many as 100 employees will be eligible for it. The company allowed its employees to sell ESOPs first in April 2019.
AdvertisementCarDekho said that eligible employees will be able to cash out 50% of their vested options under Girnarsoft group’s (the parent company of CarDekho)
The eligible employees are the ones who have been with the company for over two years and former employees, who have served four years in the company.
In December 2019, CarDekho raised $70 million in series D funding from China’s Global Voyager Fund. The Global Voyager Fund is the investment arm of China’s largest insurer Ping An.
The round also saw participation from Sunley House Capital Management, a subsidiary of global private equity firm Advent International and CarDekho’s existing investors Sequoia India and Hillhouse Capital.
CarDekho claims to have directly influenced 42% of the retail sales in India as it works with 4,000 auto dealerships and 3,000 used car dealers.
Meanwhile, the overall revenue of the company grew by 92% over the first half of the last fiscal year to $28 million.
Cognizant to hire 20,000 ‘digitally ready’ freshers — with higher starting salaries of ₹4 lakh per annum
- From Tata to Maruti and Mahindra — these are the electric cars lined up for launch in 2021
- Farmer protests: Fifth round of talks end in deadlock, next round on December 9
- Odisha forms panels to track adverse events in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- Hry minister, who got 1st dose of Covid vaccine, tests positive (Ld)
- Hundred cops in Ahmedabad found COVID-19 positive in special drive