Indian B2B e-commerce startup udaan raises $280 million, valuation jumps to over $3 billion
B2B e-commerceplatform udaanhas raised $280 million in additional financing.
- The startup’s valuation has soared to $3.1 billion, from its last reported valuation of $2.8 billion in 2019.
- udaan claims to have over 3 million users across 900 cities and 25,000 sellers across the country.
The latest round takes udaan’s overall funds raised to $1.15 billion. According to reports, the startup’s valuation has soared to $3.1 billion, from its last reported valuation of $2.8 billion in 2019.
udaan works as a marketplace for products across lifestyle, electronics, home and kitchen, staples, fruits and vegetables, FMCG, toys and general merchandise. Its clients are manufacturers and business owners like shopkeepers. The startup’s co-founder Amod Malviya said that COVID-19 accelerated the already fast digital-led evolution of India’s trade and retail industry, which has led to udaan’s growth.
“udaan is at the forefront of this uniquely Indian
udaan claims to have over 3 million users across 900 cities and 25,000 sellers across the country. With the latest funding, the startup aims to expand its product categories, enhancing its technology platform and supply chain infrastructure, among other things.
boAt raises over $100 million from Warburg Pincus — analysts expect the headphone brand to double its revenue to ₹10 billion this financial year
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down