Indian edtech firm Simplilearn raises $45 million from GSV Ventures, others
Simplilearnoffers digital skilling programmes to professionals, enabling learners to upskill. Clal Insuranceand DisruptAD ADQ’s venture platform also participated in this round.
- The startup added more than 120,000 paid B2C learners, and over 100,000 enterprise learners on its platform in the last one year.
AdvertisementIndian edtech company Simplilearn raised $45 million from a consortium led by
In addition to GSV Ventures, Clal Insurance, and DisruptAD, ADQ’s venture platform also participated in this round.
“With immense experience investing and working with education firms around the world, it is certain that the demand for knowledge-gain and upskilling is omnipresent. Like many other sectors, technology is disrupting education, and edtech has been a key focus area for us,”
Simplilearn offers digital skilling programmes for professionals, enabling learners to upskill and get certified in fast-growing digital domains. It has collaborated with global institutions like Caltech CTME, MIT Schwarzman College of Computing, UMass Amherst and the Isenberg School of Management.
The startup which was founded in 2010, has added more than 120,000 paid B2C learners, and over 100,000 enterprise learners on its platform in the last one year. This is in addition to over 2 million free learners that it adds to its
“We continue to witness the accelerated need for digitally skilled workforce across industries. The Blackstone investment last year came at an ideal time to boost our growth globally, and further strengthen our customer-centric approach. Today, we are excited to partner with GSV Ventures, a globally recognized investor with a strong track record in the education sector. This funding came at a time when the industry is going through turmoil,”
SEE ALSO: Elon Musk’s weight loss mantra is not new, but here’s how to do it right
How to use same WhatsApp account on two smartphones
Delhi's AQI improves to 'moderate' category with 176 AQI today
Popular on BI
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report