This KKR-backed unicorn startup founded by Indians is doubling down on its business in India
o9 solutionsrecently turned unicornafter a $100 million investment from leading private equity firm KKR.
- The Texas-based startup founded by Indians – Chakri Gottemukkala and Sanjiv Sidhu – is looking to expand their business in India and Asia.
- Globally the company boasts of a clientele that includes Nestle, Walmart, Google among others.
AdvertisementDigital solutions startup o9 solutions recently turned unicorn after a $100 million investment from leading private equity firm KKR. Now, the Texas-based startup founded by Indians – Chakri Gottemukkala and Sanjiv Sidhu – is looking to expand their business in India and Asia.
KKR is the first external investor on the platform, and it valued them straight over a billion dollars.
As a part of its business planning software solutions, the company offers improved visibility into drivers of demand, improved quality of forecasts using AI models, better real-time visibility into risks and opportunities across extended global supply chains, and matching of demand and supply using intelligent algorithms.
The company works with clients from sectors like retail, consumer goods, apparel, consumer electronics, industrial manufacturing, and oil and gas.
While the 11-year old company has been present in India since 2009 and has clients like Asian Paints, divisions of the Aditya Birla group and Tata group, it is now planning to tap the digital transformation of India. During the lockdown, the company has strengthened its India office in Bengaluru by hiring 100 more people and taking the total number of employees in India to 350.
“The funding from KKR is enabling us to accelerate growth across global markets, including India. India is also the place where we hire world-class development and consulting talent. In the last year, our India team grew by close to 100 percent. We will continue to hire both experienced professionals and freshers from IITs, IIMs and other premier institutions,” said Chakri Gottemukkala, CEO and Co-founder, o9 Solutions.
Globally the company boasts of a clientele that includes Nestle, Walmart, Google among others.
Kavin Bharti Mittal unveils the cool new HikeLand – that includes a virtual movie theatre for the post COVID world
Airtel makes its first bet in education – acquires a 10% stake in edtech startup Lattu Kids
Popular on BI
- WazirX receives 1023 requests for data from law enforcement in October-March 2022
- OnePlus Pad expected to launch soon in India – specs, expected price and everything you need to know
- Over four lakh people affected as pre-monsoon rains trigger floods in Assam
- LinkedIn is the most expensive digital advertising platform but is it worth it?
- ITC, Bharti Airtel, Indian Oil Corp among stocks to watch out for on May 18