This KKR-backed unicorn startup founded by Indians is doubling down on its business in India
o9 solutionsrecently turned unicornafter a $100 million investment from leading private equity firm KKR.
- The Texas-based startup founded by Indians – Chakri Gottemukkala and Sanjiv Sidhu – is looking to expand their business in India and Asia.
- Globally the company boasts of a clientele that includes Nestle, Walmart, Google among others.
AdvertisementDigital solutions startup o9 solutions recently turned unicorn after a $100 million investment from leading private equity firm KKR. Now, the Texas-based startup founded by Indians – Chakri Gottemukkala and Sanjiv Sidhu – is looking to expand their business in India and Asia.
KKR is the first external investor on the platform, and it valued them straight over a billion dollars.
As a part of its business planning software solutions, the company offers improved visibility into drivers of demand, improved quality of forecasts using AI models, better real-time visibility into risks and opportunities across extended global supply chains, and matching of demand and supply using intelligent algorithms.
The company works with clients from sectors like retail, consumer goods, apparel, consumer electronics, industrial manufacturing, and oil and gas.
While the 11-year old company has been present in India since 2009 and has clients like Asian Paints, divisions of the Aditya Birla group and Tata group, it is now planning to tap the digital transformation of India. During the lockdown, the company has strengthened its India office in Bengaluru by hiring 100 more people and taking the total number of employees in India to 350.
“The funding from KKR is enabling us to accelerate growth across global markets, including India. India is also the place where we hire world-class development and consulting talent. In the last year, our India team grew by close to 100 percent. We will continue to hire both experienced professionals and freshers from IITs, IIMs and other premier institutions,” said Chakri Gottemukkala, CEO and Co-founder, o9 Solutions.
Globally the company boasts of a clientele that includes Nestle, Walmart, Google among others.
Kavin Bharti Mittal unveils the cool new HikeLand – that includes a virtual movie theatre for the post COVID world
Airtel makes its first bet in education – acquires a 10% stake in edtech startup Lattu Kids
Popular on BI
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock