Cold chain tech startup ZedBlox raises ₹2.25 crore from angel investors
Before this, it had received seed investment from Atal Incubation Centre (AIC) - Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), under the Nidhi Seed Support Scheme. ZedBlox will use this new funding to scale up the company's operations and expansion within India to resolve the issues regarding the storage and transportation of sensitive healthcare products.
Intending to eliminate temperature-related damage to sensitive cargo during transportation, ZedBlox developed its patented product,
ActiPod addresses a prevalent bane of the healthcare industry - temperature violations which result in damage of 5-15 per cent of vaccines, medicines, biologicals, blood and tissue samples, and many more depending on the prevalent weather conditions. This damage is not specific to India. It impacts access to medical facilities for millions of people worldwide. On top of maintaining the integrity and efficacy of life-saving cargo during transportation and significantly increasing the reach to remote areas, the ActiPod solution brings down the per-trip cost of transportation by 40 per cent.
The innovative technology of ZedBlox has been incubated in CCMB-AIC, a premier research institute of Govt. of India, under the expert guidance of Dr N Madhusudana Rao and Dr Ramjee Pallela and received its patent in July 2022, marking its uniqueness in the industry. ZedBlox also owes its success to expert support from IITStartups and JioGenNext. ZedBlox has been recognized by SiliconIndia magazine as among the " Top 10 Refrigeration Transport Service Companies".
With 3 patents to his name, Rao Korupolu, co-founder and CEO of ZeldBox, brings his knowledge from his MBA at the Indian School of Business and a Master's degree from the
An alumnus of IIT Roorkee's Electrical Engineering Department and a technical expert, the company's CTO and co-founder,
Investors can buy gold to diversify risk: Quantum AMC
Indigo's Q2 net loss widens to 15,833 million, excluding forex loss
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Road accident death rate has dropped in Kerala after AI cameras became operational: Transport Minister