Logistics startup Locad raises $11 million in Series A funding led by Reefknot Investments
Locadprovides a cloud supply chain for Asia-Pacific brands to store, pack, ship, and track orders for e-commerce and omnichannel retail.
- The $11 million funding will be used towards boosting the company’s product development and talent pool in India and across Asia-Pacific region.
- Returning investors Sequoia India and Southeast Asia’s Surge, Febe Ventures, Antler, as well as new investors Access Ventures, JG Summit, and WTI also participated in the round.
AdvertisementLogistics startup Locad on Monday said it has raised $11 million in a Series A funding round to expand its supply chain platform. The round was led by
The series A funding round also saw participation from returning investors Sequoia India and Southeast Asia’s Surge, Febe Ventures, Antler, as well as new investors Access Ventures, JG Summit, and WTI.
Singapore-headquartered Locad provides a cloud supply chain for Asia-Pacific brands to store, pack, ship, and track orders for e-commerce and omnichannel retail through a tech platform connecting a network of warehouses and shipping partners. The $11 million will be used towards boosting the company’s product development and talent pool in India and across Asia-Pacific, the company said in a statement.
“Locad’s unique operating model of localising warehouses into the cities ensures that inventory is kept close to the customers thereby enabling significant cost and time savings for both brand and consumer. We believe that Locad’s logistics engine will spur greater participation in the digital economy as consumers outside of Tier-1 cities can now receive their orders 2-3x faster at a fraction of the usual cost,”
Locad says it has served over 200 brands across the Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, and Australia, and shipped more than 2 million transactions. The company’s logistics engine supports brands such as Levi’s,
“Omnichannel commerce demands a powerful logistics infrastructure in order to succeed. And that infrastructure is not only made of an interconnected network of warehouses and shipping carriers but also the precise data that reflects the movement of goods in that supply chain,”
“Tech and data are at the heart of what we’re building here at Locad. To realise this, we’re doubling down on our hiring efforts in key locations such as Bangalore where we have a strong team of developers and marketers helping grow the product and business end-to-end,”
The company is adding warehouses, partnering with transport operators, and hiring talent for their Bangalore office, Locad’s statement said.
SEE ALSO: Foreign investors pull out ₹15,000 crore from stocks in the first two weeks of 2023
RRR bags 2 trophies at Critics’ Choice Awards: Best Foreign Language Film & Best Original Song
Popular on BI
- Earnings preview: Q2 to be another washout quarter for IT sector, market to focus on execution
- Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro and Pixel Watch 2 launched with improved AI features
- Moto G54 5G review – affordable option with a large battery
- Reliance Brands forges partnership with ‘urban cool’ fashion brand Superdry
- ED arrests AAP MP Sanjay Singh in Delhi excise policy case