Meet the lawyer-turned-fitness entrepreneur who is training Alia Bhatt, Kiara Advani among others
- Sohrab Khushrushahi runs Sohfit – a popular fitness program.
- Sohfit has become popular for its 21-day and 40-day challenges that are a hit on Instagram, which started in April, 2019.
- Khushrushahi runs personal training classes, which turned into Zoom calls during the pandemic, and also runs ‘camps’ in Mumbai.
AdvertisementSohrab Khushrushahi worked his way up through a Tier-1 law firm and right when he was about to became a partner (no small feat), he wanted to give it all up and turn to his passion – fitness. Today, Khushrushahi runs Sohfit, a popular fitness program that has found clients like Bollywood celebrities Alia Bhatt, Kiara Advani and even business leaders like Anand Piramal.
But Khushrushahi shies away from the “celebrity trainer” tag. “We don’t choose the clients,” he told Business Insider in an interview.
Started in October 2017, Khushrushahi runs personal training classes at people’s homes, which turned into Zoom calls during the pandemic, and also runs ‘camps’ in Mumbai across existing centres and spaces where they hold classes.
“We started Sohfit with the idea to make fitness accessible and convenient. People hate the effort of getting up and going to a gym and that’s where half the battle is lost. Our idea was to build a community and make fitness fun and different,” he said.
Sohfit has become popular for its 21-day and 40-day challenges that are a hit on Instagram, which started in April, 2019. “We wanted to educate people with the right kind of knowledge, there’s just a lot of rubbish about food and dietary requirements and we wanted to clear the air. The idea was to not make fitness a number-based thing, where only if you lose weight you are fit,” he said.
For the challenges, it isn’t just something where one follows a routine seen on Instagram. Instead, one has to pay for these challenges, sign up and get guidance online from Khushrushahi through WhatsApp.
|40-day challenge||₹12,500 + 18% GST|
|40-day challenge with access to bootcamp||₹16,000 + 18% GST|
Because of being virtual, the challenge has got people joining in from not just across India but also US, UK and Australia. Khushrushahi said that during the pandemic, as people started taking their health more seriously, their numbers also grew. “We saw the numbers stay high during the pandemic. Even right at the start of lockdown, even while people had to figure out access to dumbbells and the right food, we had almost 295 people sign up for the challenge,” he said.
And it also helped that celebrities like Alia Bhatt further promoted the challenge on social media. Yet, Khushrushahi insists that they haven’t spent any money on marketing. “We haven’t gone out looking for celebrity clients.Word of mouth worked for us, Kiara Advani lives in my building, Alia Bhatt heard about me from someone, and so did Ranbir,” he said.
EXCLUSIVE: upGrad is rushing its employees back to Mumbai and Bengaluru offices— and relocating many without more money or temp accommodation
Joe Biden and Narendra Modi spoke over the phone last night— here’s what they discussed
A new research lines up a plan to save Tamil Nadu’s TANGEDCO and your power bills
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- MS Dhoni vs Rohit Sharma vs Hardik Pandya: IPL captaincy record after two years at helm
- Atomberg raises $86 million from Temasek, Steadview Capital and others
- Qualcomm India joins WEP to empower 8 women-led startups
- Woman-led edtech unicorn Guild lays off 172 employees
- OnePlus Nord 3 to Realme 11 series, smartphones launching this June in India