Meet the women behind some of India’s very successful startups
Women’s day, take a look at some of the most inspiring entrepreneursof India.
- From Falguni Nayar to Upasana Taku, they are the women behind India’s very successful companies.
- According to a report by Bain & Company and Google, women entrepreneurs can generate 150–170 million job opportunities in India by 2030.
AdvertisementThe Indian startup ecosystem is the third largest in the world, and while it may not have a majority of women leading
The Indian government too has made way for funds to boost female entrepreneurship, while VCs have been actively looking out to bridge the gender gap in the country's startup sector. The government’s Startup India runs a Women Entrepreneurship programme as well.
However, funding is still a challenge for female entrepreneurs in India. According to a report, the percentage of funded startups with at least one female co-founder went down from 17% in 2018 to a mere 12% in 2019.
Yet, there is hope. According to a report by Bain & Company and Google, women entrepreneurs can generate 150–170 million job opportunities in India by 2030.
The women who lead many of India’s successful startups are role models to many. Here are some of the well known female led startups in India.
Falguni Nayar, Nykaa
Upasana Taku, Mobikwik
Sairee Chahal, Sheroes
Suchi Mukherjee, Limeroad
Richa Kar, Zivame
Sabina Chopra, Yatra.com
Neeru Sharma, Infibeam
Swati Bhargava, Cashkaro
Lizzie Chapman, Zestmoney
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Markets poised for positive momentum in August as domestic and global inflation eases
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands