Meet the women behind some of India’s very successful startups
Women’s day, take a look at some of the most inspiring entrepreneursof India.
- From Falguni Nayar to Upasana Taku, they are the women behind India’s very successful companies.
- According to a report by Bain & Company and Google, women entrepreneurs can generate 150–170 million job opportunities in India by 2030.
AdvertisementThe Indian startup ecosystem is the third largest in the world, and while it may not have a majority of women leading
The Indian government too has made way for funds to boost female entrepreneurship, while VCs have been actively looking out to bridge the gender gap in the country's startup sector. The government’s Startup India runs a Women Entrepreneurship programme as well.
However, funding is still a challenge for female entrepreneurs in India. According to a report, the percentage of funded startups with at least one female co-founder went down from 17% in 2018 to a mere 12% in 2019.
Yet, there is hope. According to a report by Bain & Company and Google, women entrepreneurs can generate 150–170 million job opportunities in India by 2030.
The women who lead many of India’s successful startups are role models to many. Here are some of the well known female led startups in India.
Falguni Nayar, Nykaa
Upasana Taku, Mobikwik
Sairee Chahal, Sheroes
Suchi Mukherjee, Limeroad
Richa Kar, Zivame
Sabina Chopra, Yatra.com
Neeru Sharma, Infibeam
Swati Bhargava, Cashkaro
Lizzie Chapman, Zestmoney
- A guide to choose the Healthiest Cooking Oil
- Sensex drops 195 pts; snaps 4-day winning run on losses in IT, FMCG shares
- Best pilgrimage destinations to visit in India
- After eliminating extreme poverty, India now eligible to move to a higher poverty line: report
- Stock market closes on negative note as Sensex ends winning streak