IIM-Ahmedabad incubator invests in an under-trial AI startup that can possibly predict cancer and lead to drug discovery
MestastopSolutions focuses on cancer metastasis, which is the reason why cancer spreads to other body parts.
- The spreading of the cancer tumour is responsible for 90% of the cancer deaths, Mestastop highlights.
- Mestastop is currently creating a larger sample of patient tumors, which will help the company understand cancer cell behaviour.
IKP Knowledge Park, which is an incubator jointly set up by ICICI Bank and the government of Telangana, has also participated in the round, along with a few angel investors. The science and technology park has over 60 companies in the area of biotechnology, pharma, medical devices and energy.
Mestastop Solutions focuses on cancer metastasis, which is the reason why cancer spreads to other body parts.
Metastases most commonly develop when cancer cells break away from the main tumour and enter the bloodstream or lymphatic system. This causes cancer cells to travel from the original tumor to other organs and form new tumours.
The spreading of the tumour is responsible for 90% of the cancer deaths, Mestastop highlighted in its press note.
A wet lab is a lab where drugs, chemicals, and other types of biological matter can be analysed and tested using various liquids.
The company has developed three proprietary platforms — METAssay, METSAN and METVivo — to conduct research and development (R&D) on metastasis drug discovery and predictive diagnostics.
Mestastop is creating a niche for itself using assay and genetically engineered cell-based approaches to develop an artificial intelligence-based platform to predict metastasis
Mestastop is currently creating a larger sample of patient tumors, which will help the company understand cancer cell behaviour. It will further be utilised for running proof of concept (PoC) animal model studies to validate proof of concept for cancer drug discovery and repurposing.
“An evolutionary disease like cancer cannot be holistically targeted without targeting metastasis, a process that is complex and is yet to be fully understood. We have successfully created tools and platforms to decipher this biology, translate it with patient data, and then into animal models completing our first phase,”
Kunal Shah’s CRED doubles its valuation to $4 billion in less than six months
Ex-SpaceX engineers are working on portable nuclear reactors that can power over 1,000 homes
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani