IIM-Ahmedabad incubator invests in an under-trial AI startup that can possibly predict cancer and lead to drug discovery
MestastopSolutions focuses on cancer metastasis, which is the reason why cancer spreads to other body parts.
- The spreading of the cancer tumour is responsible for 90% of the cancer deaths, Mestastop highlights.
- Mestastop is currently creating a larger sample of patient tumors, which will help the company understand cancer cell behaviour.
IKP Knowledge Park, which is an incubator jointly set up by ICICI Bank and the government of Telangana, has also participated in the round, along with a few angel investors. The science and technology park has over 60 companies in the area of biotechnology, pharma, medical devices and energy.
Mestastop Solutions focuses on cancer metastasis, which is the reason why cancer spreads to other body parts.
The spreading of the tumour is responsible for 90% of the cancer deaths, Mestastop highlighted in its press note.
Mestastop was founded by Dr Arnab Roy Chowdhury and Dr Debabani Roy Chowdhury in 2018. The company uses wet lab biology and predictive analytics to identify and distinguish unique properties of metastasis and leverage them for drug discovery and patient treatment.
The company has developed three proprietary platforms — METAssay, METSAN and METVivo — to conduct research and development (R&D) on metastasis drug discovery and predictive diagnostics.
Mestastop is creating a niche for itself using assay and genetically engineered cell-based approaches to develop an artificial intelligence-based platform to predict metastasis
Mestastop is currently creating a larger sample of patient tumors, which will help the company understand cancer cell behaviour. It will further be utilised for running proof of concept (PoC) animal model studies to validate proof of concept for cancer drug discovery and repurposing.
“An evolutionary disease like cancer cannot be holistically targeted without targeting metastasis, a process that is complex and is yet to be fully understood. We have successfully created tools and platforms to decipher this biology, translate it with patient data, and then into animal models completing our first phase,”
According to Emergen Research 2020 report, the Global Metastatic Cancer Treatment Market is projected to be worth $111.16 billion by 2027.
Kunal Shah’s CRED doubles its valuation to $4 billion in less than six months
Ex-SpaceX engineers are working on portable nuclear reactors that can power over 1,000 homes
- With the metaverse, NFTs and DeFi on the rise, Ethereum miners rake in $2 billion in revenue — a jump of 11% over October
- Gen Bipin Rawat, his wife, and 11 others killed in chopper crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
- RBI keeps lending rates intact, remains accommodative
- India remains to be ranked as the fourth most powerful country as per Asia Power Index 2021
- Although Shriram Properties has solid future prospects, Omicron may mess things in the near term