Mitron TV continues its funding spree as it builds on its Atmanirbhar strategy
- Mitron TV, the short video platform that took on TikTok just as it got banned in India, has raised an undisclosed sum of funding from 9Unicorns.
- The funding is a part of the $5 million (₹37 crore) round led by Nexus Venture Partners in August, and follows the ₹2 crore pre-seed round funding from 3one4 Capital in July.
- Recently, the startup had launched a one-of-its-kind discovery platform for
Made in India appscalled Atmanirbhar Apps.
Mitron TV, the short video platform that took on TikTok just as it got banned in India, has raised an undisclosed sum of funding from 9Unicorns. The funding is a part of the $5 million (₹37 crore) round led by Nexus Venture Partners in August, and follows the ₹2 crore pre-seed round funding from 3one4 Capital in July.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 48% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Amaze Plus Electric Kettle with Stainless Steel Body, 1.5 litres boiler for Water, instant noodles, soup etc.₹ 625₹ 1195Buy On
- 55% OFF
Glun Multipurpose Portable Electronic Digital Weighing Scale Weight Machine (10 Kg - with Back Light)₹ 358₹ 798Buy On
- 40% OFF
Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS - 1500watts, Steel (1.5Ltr), Black₹ 748₹ 1245Buy On
- 49% OFF
VR 18 Pcs - 3 Different Size Plastic Food Snack Bag Pouch Clip Sealer Large, Medium, Small Plastic Snack Seal Sealing Bag Clips Vacuum Sealer (Set of 18, Multi-Color) (Multicolor)₹ 153₹ 299Buy On
- 46% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800 watt Induction Cooktop (Black)₹ 1728₹ 3193Buy On
The startup is also funded by marquee angel investors like Deep Kalra, Chairman, MakeMyTrip, Amrish Rau, CEO, Pine Labs, Amarjit Batra, Managing Director, Spotify India, Radhika Ghai, co-founder, Shopclues, and others.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU“Mitron TV has received tremendous growth within six months of its inception. With 9Unicorns joining us on this new endeavour, we are sure of providing ground-breaking innovations in the short-video app industry,” said Shivank Agarwal, Co-Founder and CEO,
AdvertisementRecently, the startup had launched a one-of-its-kind discovery platform for Made in India apps called Atmanirbhar Apps. The platform lists domestic apps across categories like social media, lifestyle, utility, gaming, e-commerce and government.
Mere #DeshKeMitron Proud to announce the launch of #AtmanirbharApps in spirit of Unity Day. Countries are built by… https://t.co/tAapMKsUX9— Atmanirbhar Mitron (@Mitron_Tv) 1604124838000
The startup claims to have over 39 million downloads on the Android Play Store, with an average of over 11 billion monthly views.
Within its video platform, the app had also recently launched categories such as entertainment, food, funny, sports, travel, education, motivation, dance, lifestyle, music, health and fitness amongst others, for users to create curated content.
Here’s what gives JioMart an edge over its competitors, according to Goldman Sachs
SBI rallies over 6% after strong earnings with analysts pegging it to be the first to recover among public sector banks
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them