Mitron TV continues its funding spree as it builds on its Atmanirbhar strategy
- Mitron TV, the short video platform that took on TikTok just as it got banned in India, has raised an undisclosed sum of funding from 9Unicorns.
- The funding is a part of the $5 million (₹37 crore) round led by Nexus Venture Partners in August, and follows the ₹2 crore pre-seed round funding from 3one4 Capital in July.
- Recently, the startup had launched a one-of-its-kind discovery platform for
Made in India appscalled Atmanirbhar Apps.
The startup is also funded by marquee angel investors like Deep Kalra, Chairman, MakeMyTrip, Amrish Rau, CEO, Pine Labs, Amarjit Batra, Managing Director, Spotify India, Radhika Ghai, co-founder, Shopclues, and others.
“Mitron TV has received tremendous growth within six months of its inception. With 9Unicorns joining us on this new endeavour, we are sure of providing ground-breaking innovations in the short-video app industry,” said Shivank Agarwal, Co-Founder and CEO,
AdvertisementRecently, the startup had launched a one-of-its-kind discovery platform for Made in India apps called Atmanirbhar Apps. The platform lists domestic apps across categories like social media, lifestyle, utility, gaming, e-commerce and government.
Mere #DeshKeMitron Proud to announce the launch of #AtmanirbharApps in spirit of Unity Day. Countries are built by… https://t.co/tAapMKsUX9— Atmanirbhar Mitron (@Mitron_Tv) 1604124838000
The startup claims to have over 39 million downloads on the Android Play Store, with an average of over 11 billion monthly views.
Within its video platform, the app had also recently launched categories such as entertainment, food, funny, sports, travel, education, motivation, dance, lifestyle, music, health and fitness amongst others, for users to create curated content.
Here’s what gives JioMart an edge over its competitors, according to Goldman Sachs
SBI rallies over 6% after strong earnings with analysts pegging it to be the first to recover among public sector banks
Popular on BI
- HUL spent Rs 2,255 crore on advertising between April and September this year
- Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 – how to participate, prize money, rules and more
- Ad fraud rates decrease in desktop and mobile web display in India: Report
- Cryptocurrency miners are taking a toll on power grids worldwide — Russia and Belarus join other countries look to separate them from other power users
- Surcharge on power bills of 30,000 consumers to be waived in Gurugram, say officials