OYO breathes easy as NCLAT orders a stay on insolvency proceedings against its subsidiary company
- A Gurugram-based creditor had initiated insolvency proceedings and The National Company Law Tribunal had admitted the petition against OYO’s subsidiary
Oyo Hotels and HomesPvt Ltd on April 7.
- The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) today stayed the proceedings against OYO’s subsidiary.
- As initially it was misreported by a few media platforms as
OYOfiling for bankruptcy, Agarwal had taken to Twitter to squash the rumours.
The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) today stayed the proceedings against OYO’s subsidiary.
A Gurugram-based creditor had initiated insolvency proceedings against the $9 billion company and The National Company Law Tribunal had admitted the petition against OYO’s subsidiary Oyo Hotels and Homes Pvt Ltd on April 7. However, OYO had challenged the same.
“The NCLAT provided a stay for the formation of COC (committee of creditors) in IBC (insolvency and bankruptcy code) proceedings against OHHPL, subsidiary of OYO. OHHPL appealed the order in front of NCLAT and explained that a demand draft of ₹16 lakh was issued to the claimant under protest and the claimant has willingly banked the DD,” said an OYO spokesperson.
As initially it was misreported as OYO filing for bankruptcy, Agarwal had taken to Twitter to squash the rumours and said that the matter was simply a ‘contractual dispute’ for an amount of ₹16 lakh.
I am so grateful to everyone for their support on social media since yesterday. Thank you for discouraging misleadi… https://t.co/xI0AMmG2tu— Ritesh Agarwal (@riteshagar) 1617872563000
AdvertisementOYO says an angry creditor has dragged the $9 billion startup to court over a ₹16 lakh dispute
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Realme GT Neo 2 vs OnePlus Nord 2: Price, specs and features compared
- Titan, Kalyan Jewellers and other jewellery stocks rally in last one month on high bullion prices
- This Motilal Oswal-backed startup is planning to issue a million credit-based cards in the next 150 days relying on its $2 billion loan book
- Tata Nexon EV electrifies its launch campaign with Spotify India
- Top ten grocery brands in India: YouGov Report