Paytm makes its insurance debut with a Covid-19 plan that will cover loss of pay during quarantine
Paytmannounced a Covid-19 insurance plan which covers loss of pay, quarantine expenses, and treatment costs.
- This is Paytm’s first product in the insurance sector.
- Launched in partnership with Reliance General Insurance, the plan covers a maximum cover of ₹2 lakh.
AdvertisementIndian digital payments leader Paytm made its foray into the insurance sector. It announced a timely Covid-19 insurance plan which covers loss of pay, quarantine expenses, and treatment costs.
Launched in partnership with Reliance General Insurance, the plan offers a maximum cover of ₹2 lakh.
"With our COVID-19 Benefit Insurance Policy, we aim to provide simple health insurance coverage that will take care of most expenses that a
Almost everyone right from a three-month-old baby to a 60-year-old senior citizen are eligible for this insurance. The company said that the policy has a validity period of one year and the claim waiting period is 15 days.
Paytm’s founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma said many times earlier that the fintech major’s next venture would be in the field of insurance.
In 2019, Nayyar, an ex-Goldman Sachs executive, joined Paytm to lead its insurance vertical. It reportedly will venture into four categories like auto, health and life. In March, Paytm also brought on board former insurance startup Coverfox CEO Premanshu Singh.
Paytm’s games vertical saw a 200% increase during the lockdown in March
Popular on BI
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states