Paytm is set to launch its stock market trading service in the next few weeks, says founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Paytm is set to launch its stock market trading service in the next few weeks.
- Paytm had received the approval for stock broking from SEBI in January 2020.
- With this, the company will be competing with the likes of Zerodha.
“Payments is the largest revenue for us, and then we started to build different commerce stacks like ticketing and then came the e-commerce business. We then started to build our financial services stack, we have insurance and hope to do lending, we are doing good in mutual funds and we hope to do stock brokerage soon which we will be launching in the next few weeks,” Sharma said.
Sharma said the stock broking offering will come under the Paytm Wealth feature.
Paytm had received the approval for stock broking from SEBI in January 2020. “We will be introducing new capabilities & offerings on our platform, such as trading in equities & cash segments, derivatives, ETFs and more exchange traded products,” the company had said then.
Paytm will be competing with the likes of Zerodha, which claims to currently account for 15% of the Indian retail trading volume with a customer base of 2.8 million. The average age of users is between the age bracket of 25-35.
With this Paytm is moving towards “becoming a full-stack wealth management platform”.
Once, not very long back, just the leader in payments, Paytm’s parent company One97 communications has now forayed into a bunch of new businesses.
|Paytm First Games||Gaming|
|Paytm Money||Mutual Funds|
|Paytm Insurance Broking||Insurance|
|Paytm Payments Bank||Banking|
Flipkart buys Walmart’s India business - 'kirana stores' network to bolster e-retail play
Axis Bank finalises Max Life Insurance investment and is closer to raising more funds
Popular on BI
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Ajay Devgn performs his iconic stunt for Mahindra FURIO 7 range
- Sensex tops 59,000 mark; Telecom stocks soar
- Investors' interest in Indian SaaS continues as Bidgely bags $26 million from US-based firms
- After selling their previous startup to Quikr, Zefo founders are building an OYO for hospitals
- Disha Patani to be the face of mobile accessories brand Ambrane