Pine Labs' valuation crosses $2 billion as it raises fresh funds from Lone Pine Capital
Indian fintech startupPine Labs has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Lone Pine Capital.
- Earlier in January 2020, the startup had achieved unicorn status after an
investment from MasterCard.
- Pine Labs claims to process payments worth $30 billion per year and serves 150,000 merchants.
Indian fintech startup
Earlier in January 2020, the startup had achieved unicorn status after an investment from MasterCard – making it the first startup this year to join the $1 billion valuation club.
The startup also counts PayPal Ventures, Temasek, Actis Capital, Altimeter Capital, Sofina, and Sequoia Capital as its investors.
“Small businesses and consumers are fast adapting to digital commerce and contactless checkout. We are also seeing tremendous uptake in Pay Later services and have now enabled nearly 150,000 outlets for this. It’s time to invest heavily in offline and online commerce across India and SEA," said B. Amrish Rau, CEO, Pine Labs.
With its presence across India, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East, Pine Labs claims to process payments worth $30 billion per year and serves 150,000 merchants across its 450,000 network points in 3,700 cities. The startup also counts Reliance Retail, Air Asia, Future Retail, Jubilant Foodworks etc., as its customers.
The company now plans to expand its presence across Asian markets.
The merchant commerce platform Pine Labs was founded in 1998. Over time, the company rode the technology wave and offered point-of-sale machines and solutions to merchants.
Antony Waste Handling Cell ₹300-crore IPO opens today — these are the risks and opportunities
The founder of SUGAR cosmetics explains how the startup clocked a 60% growth in sales during the pandemic
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling