Rebel Foods — which runs Behrouz Biryani, Ovenstory Pizza, and Faasos — is now worth over a billion dollars
Rebel Foodshas hit $1.4 billion valuation after raising $175 million in a round led by Qatar Investment Authority.
- The company is now setting the table for an initial public offering (IPO) in the next 18-24 months.
- The company currently operates 450 cloud kitchens across 10 countries — Indonesia, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
Rebel Foods — which operates multiple cloud kitchen brands such as
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Lite Aurora Blue 4GB RAM 128GB ROM | Alexa Built-in₹ 14999₹ 15999Buy On
- 8% OFF
OnePlus 9R 5G (Lake Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 36999₹ 39999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Mi 11X 5G (Celestial Silver 6GB RAM 128GB ROM | SD 870 | DisplayMate A+ rated E4 AMOLED | Upto 18 Months No Cost EMI)₹ 27999₹ 33999Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO A31 (Mystery Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 11490₹ 15990Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro Max (Glacial Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -108MP Quad Camera|120Hz Super Amoled Display₹ 18999₹ 24999Buy On
The company has hit $1.4 billion valuation after raising $175 million in a round led by sovereign wealth fund Qatar Investment Authority. Coatue and Evolvence also participated in Rebel Food’s series F funding round.
Rebel Foods was founded by Jaydeep Barman and Kallol Banerjee a decade ago. The company started its journey as Fasoos, which is a chain of quick-service restaurants (QSR) that offered kebab rolls and had enabled online ordering.
AdvertisementThe company moved to a cloud kitchen model in 2016. A cloud kitchen, also known as ghost kitchens, is a commercial kitchen that only offers food delivery. These kitchens do not have a storefront.
Rebel Foods is currently managing around 45 cloud kitchens brands that serve from Chinese to Indian to desserts through delivery platforms like Zomato and Swiggy. They also have their own delivery app.
The Mumbai-based startup plans to use this funding to expand its presence worldwide, build better technology and add more brands to its plate. The company currently operates 450 cloud kitchens across 10 countries — Indonesia, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
It claims to have an annualised sale of $150 million this year and moving steadily towards profitability.
“The food-tech space has evolved towards better personalisation, innovation and complete transparency. We are excited to welcome QIA, which has a track record of being a long-term supportive investor,” Ravi Golani, chief strategy officer of Rebel Foods, said in a statement.
Rebel Foods is the first cloud kitchen startup to enter the unicorn club. Even Swiggy and Zomato have announced their plans to make a segway into these domains, but there hasn’t been any development in this regard so far.
AdvertisementA cloud kitchen is a cost effective alternative to running an actual restaurant, as it helps the entrepreneur avoid customer facing costs like hiring servers, getting a larger space for dine-in, electricity bills and more.
Titan enters the ₹2 trillion club as gold jewellery and watches are back in vogue with the return of weddings and unbridled festivities
Deepak Nitrite, Aarti Industries, Clean Science and Technology among specialty chemical companies minting money over heat in China
Reliance Retail to run 7-Eleven convenience stores in India
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report