RedBrick AI raises $4.6 million seed funding from Sequoia India, others
- The startup aims to accelerate the development and adoption of AI in clinical settings.
- The funding will be used to expand specialized tooling, increase hiring for engineering roles in its
Indiaoffice and grow its customer base.
- Medical imagery comprises about 90% of all healthcare data.
Launched in 2021, the startup aims to accelerate the development and adoption of AI in clinical settings through data annotation on medical imagery. “AI systems can dramatically shorten the time to diagnosis, improve clinician productivity by triaging high-importance cases, and act as the first line of defence in under-staffed clinical environments,”
The funds will be used to expand specialized tooling, increase hiring for engineering roles in its India office, and grow its customer base.
“With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence in clinical settings, researchers need excellent tools to build high-quality datasets and models at scale. Our customers are in the vanguard of this growth, pioneering everything from surgical robots to automated detection of cancers,”
While data annotation makes it easy for machines to comprehend medical data, medical imagery is an essential source of truth in clinical diagnosis and comprises about 90% of all healthcare data, the startup said in a press release.
RedBrick stated that it aims to solve the first key challenge to healthcare AI adoption – providing clinicians with high-quality data annotation tools that accelerate the preparation of training datasets. It also offers semi-automated tools to annotate complex 3D medical images.
In 2021 alone, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved 115 AI algorithms for use in medical environments, an 83% increase from 2018, the startup said in a press release.
RedBrick AI was launched by CEO and co-founder Shivam Sharma, and CTO and co-founder
Paytm Payments Bank supports UPI market cap, maintains leadership as PSP & Issuer Bank
Mukesh Ambani’s Jio Financial Services’ deep pockets and wide reach to challenge the likes of Paytm, Bajaj Finance
Popular on BI
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams