Mukesh Ambani says Reliance is net debt-free 9 months before the deadline – share price jumps almost 7%
- Reliance has raised a total of ₹168,818 crore in 58 days, while as of March 2020 the company’s net debt was ₹161,035 crore.
- Jio has raised investments from the likes of Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, ADIA, TPG, Saudi PIF since April 22, 2020.
- Through a rights issue, the company raised ₹53,124 crore.
AdvertisementMukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio has led a slew of massive investments in the past nine weeks and that has pushed Reliance to now be net debt free. During the last AGM of the company, Ambani had set the target to be a “zero net debt company by March 31, 2021” and now nine months before the scheduled date, the company has achieved.
Reliance’s share price jumped by 6.5% on Friday to ₹1,763.
Reliance has raised a total of ₹168,818 crore in 58 days, while as of March 2020 the company’s net debt was ₹161,035 crore.
|Investments by global tech investors||₹115,693.95 crore|
|Rights Issue||₹53,124.20 crore|
“Exceeding the expectations of our shareholders and all other stakeholders, again and yet again, is in the very DNA of Reliance. Therefore, on the proud occasion of becoming a net debt-free company, I wish to assure them that Reliance in its golden decade will set even more ambitious growth goals, and achieve them.” said Mukesh Ambani.
Reliance Jio has raised investments from the likes of Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, ADIA, TPG, Saudi PIF since April 22, 2020.
Reliance gets $1.5 billion from Saudi for Jio even as the $15 billion Aramco deal waits in the wings
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- DeSantis says Congress should act if Apple follows through on Elon Musk claims and bans Twitter from App Store
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000
- Asus ROG Phone 6 review: A bit more than just gaming
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2