Rigi raises ₹100 cr from Elevation Capital, MS Dhoni, Cred’s Kunal Shah & more
Rigiraised $25 million across three rounds conducted within the last 14 months.
- The startup helps creators and influencers grow, monetize and manage their content.
- The company plans to use the funds to expand into newer categories and geographies.
AdvertisementRigi, a platform which allows creators and influencers to manage and monetize their communities, said on Wednesday that it raised ₹100 crore. The startup calls it Series A extension round, and is led by Elevation Capital; with participation from Accel, Stellaris and
Angel investors such as former cricketer
Founded in 2021 by Swapnil Saurav and Ananya Singhal, Rigi focuses on knowledge creators in areas such as education, fitness, gaming etc. It provides them with an end-to-end ecosystem to manage their communities, with a focus on monetisation. It provides tools such as subscription management, courses, live workshops, paid one-to-one interactions and integration with social platforms.
Rigi raised $25 million across three rounds in the last 14 months. It plans to use the latest funds raised to expand into newer categories and geographies.
“Creator economy is a new paradigm of employment. It is here to stay in India, South East Asia, and globally. But this is a nascent ecosystem. All creators need tools to be more efficient and to grow. Rigi has created a world class suite of products that creates a 10X positive impact on the creator businesses,” Prayank Swaroop at Accel India said.
Since its inception in October 2021, Rigi claims to have helped over 10,000 creators in over 30 categories. Recently, it also expanded to Indonesia.
“Knowledge creators in various fields, including education, health and fitness, skills training, and gaming are sought out by users for specialized advice on these topics. Users are now willing to pay these creators for personalized advice rather than relying on a generic, one-size-fits-all approach. Our goal is to support these creators in this aspect of their journey, so they can focus on what they do best: adding value to their audiences' lives,” Swapnil Saurav, co-founder of Rigi said.
Globally, the creator economy is estimated to be worth over $100 billion, according to estimates provided by Rigi.
"At Elevation, we have been firm believers of the growth potential of the creator economy as demonstrated by our past investments in companies such as Sharechat,
Ananya and Swapnil, both batchmates from BITS Pilani, had previously founded HalaPlay, which was acquired by
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: The IIT-Startup working to end manual scavenging in India wins big on Shark Tank
Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Gautam Adani, Mukesh Ambani & more - World’s Top 20 richest people - Business Insider India
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Poco X5 Pro Review - Solid performance, boring design
- PM launches 20% ethanol blended petrol in 11 states/UTs
- ITC stock scales 52-week high as brokerages hike target price
- Last mile deliveries, food aggregators to drive E2W growth says Redseer
- Poco’s mid-range smartphone X5 Pro 5G launched in India starting at ₹22,999