Rivaara Labs raises its first round of equity capital from Amicus Capital and Kotak Investment Advisors
- The founder of the company, Bharat Daftary, also participated in the round, the company said in a statement.
- It plans to use the proceeds to accelerate the development and commercialisation of proprietary test kits, upgrade manufacturing facilities, expand its lab network, and scale up talent.
- Founded in 2019, the company has developed
PCR-based test kitsin collaboration with European research labs.
The founder of the company, Bharat Daftary, also participated in the round, the company said in a statement.
“The vision for Rivaara is to positively impact patient care by addressing gaps in widespread adoption of molecular diagnostics through a scientific sales force to create the right awareness, presence of local labs for faster processing of samples and international quality kits at affordable prices,” said Daftary, founder of Rivaara Labs.
Founded in 2019 by Daftary, the erstwhile promoter of Bharat Serums & Vaccines Limited, Rivaara has developed PCR-based test kits in collaboration with European research labs, which are specifically developed for detecting pathogens prevalent and effective treatments to save lives.
“Advances in molecular diagnostics over the last few years have opened up possibilities for faster and more accurate ways to detect pathogens at affordable price points. Adoption of some of these advances such as RT-PCR tests was witnessed during response to Covid-19 pandemic,”
The company claims that its diagnostic tests will also reduce the misuse of antibiotics, which has led to the growing problem of antibiotic-resistant strains. It will also roll out tests for respiratory diseases, sepsis, TB, antimicrobial resistance through its own lab network. The kits will be made available to other diagnostic laboratories, Rivaara said. The company also has plans to tap international markets.
It also offers point-of-care products for patented novel biomarkers and manufactures reagents and enzymes with application in molecular biology and proteomic research. Proteome is a set of proteins produced in an organism.
Best festive auto sales in the last 4 years, but sales may decline says FADA report
Indian issues comprehensive advisory for students planning to study medicine in China
Popular on BI
- JioGamesCloud gaming service is available in beta for the public — here’s how to sign up & play
- Upcoming smartphones launching in December 2022
- No end to downgrades in GDP estimates as economists remain divided on severity of slowdown
- Times Prime: A new gamut of elevating lifestyle for India’s youth
- Heartbreak songs are still hot favourites: Top 10 songs Indian singles are streaming on Tinder