Sequoia Capital India invests $7.3 million in sales engagement platform Outplay
Outplayprovides a sales engagement platform that offers sales outreach, dialer, email open tracking and more.
- The company had raised seed funding of $2 million from Sequoia Capital India’s accelerator programme
- It claims to have noted about four times growth in its revenue since early this year, with a customer base spread across 50 countries.
Outplay was founded by Laxman Papineni and Ram Papineni in 2019. The company provides a sales engagement platform that offers sales outreach, dialer, email open tracking, email click tracking, and many more features for sales teams.
The company allows sales managers to create sales playbooks to coach their team members and help them achieve their sales targets. The platform claims that its combination of automation and personalisation helps teams start genuine conversations. It enables the sales team to stay on task by using multiple channels, using a single interface.
Advertisement“Outbound sales teams are truly the dark horse of the sales organisation — the targets are high, but the methods aren’t scientific. Outplay is committed to making outbound outreach data-driven, so that sales teams are talking only to the warmest prospects at any given point across multiple channels, optimising time and resources,” said Outplay’s chief executive Papineni.
The two-year-old startup had raised $2 million from Sequoia Capital India’s accelerator programme Surge, which hosted 23 companies including Vah Vah that raised $1.85 million earlier this month. Sequoia has invested about $55 million in this cohort, along with several co-investors. The cohort also includes 13 companies working in domains of fintech, payments, communications, logistics and Software as a Service (SaaS).
“Outbound sales needs are evolving rapidly and reps [representatives] now need personalised, automated and contextual tools to drive sales, which Outplay is successfully enabling. Sales reps spend an average of four hours per day on Outplay, demonstrating the effectiveness of the product which has category-leading customer reviews. Additionally, rapid digitisation due to COVID has been a significant accelerant for the business…,” Harshjit Sethi, Principal at
Outplay claims that its revenue has grown over 4 times in revenue and the team has grown three times since its last round of funding earlier this year. Besides this, it now has customers across 50 countries.
BYJU's acquires another American startup, plans to spend $1 billion on US expansion
PolicyBazaar plans to raise close to $870 million through its IPO at a likely valuation of $3.5 billion
Swiggy gets a $1.25 billion cheque from Softbank for the same reason Zomato went for an IPO
Popular on BI
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity
- Volkswagen Taigun: All you need to know about price, features and rivals