Sports tech start-up Game Theory raises $2 million in pre-Series A funding
- The funds raised will be allocated towards developing
technology, implementing skill-based matchmaking and introducing coaching products.
- Ongoing technology development focuses on providing users with an experience that works to improve the on-field experience.
- The fully-integrated technology platform is set to introduce interactive elements such as real-time scorekeeping and engaging video highlights.
The funds raised will be allocated towards further developing technology, implementing skill-based matchmaking, introducing coaching products, and expanding the network of smart sporting facilities nationwide. Game Theory's integration of technology at the user and facility levels aims to enhance accessibility and engagement in casual sports.
Addressing challenges in sports participation
Game Theory says that this funding signifies a significant moment positioning the brand to work toward its vision of enhancing the sports experience. Their approach addresses common challenges in traditional sports participation, such as finding like-minded players and dealing with logistical issues.
Ongoing technology development focuses on providing users with an experience that encourages consistent participation while improving the on-court or on-field experience. This includes features like automated scoring, game highlights, and advanced sports statistics achieved through computer vision and artificial intelligence.
Says Sudeep Kulkarni, founder, Game Theory, "At Game Theory, our mission is get people of all levels playing, by fostering a vibrant community that finds joy and camaraderie in sport. This funding milestone brings us one step closer to achieving that mission. Our technology will soon help people bring the “ultimate joy” of playing sports back into their lives".
He adds that their fully-integrated technology platform, featuring several innovations, is set to introduce interactive elements such as real-time scorekeeping, engaging video highlights, professional sports-style statistics, and on-court matchmaking to enhance the overall user experience.
Says Nithin Kamath, Founder, Rainmatter, "One of the best ways to stay fit is to pick up and play a sport regularly. The problem is it's hard to find locations to play regularly and match with similar skilled individuals. Game Theory is solving this problem by making sports accessible to Indians.”
About Game Theory
Game Theory is building an ecosystem where you can find well-matched players and enjoy quality games hassle-free with the help of an app. Also, by blending insights from the gaming industry and cutting-edge technology, they're making pro-sports tech more accessible, offering personalised experiences similar to esports.
AdvertisementGame Theory profiles feature highlights, badges,
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer