Transforming retail investing in India: Stocktwits collaborates with industry veteran Shankar Sharma
Stocktwits, the original social platform for investors and traders across various asset classes, including stocks, crypto and other emerging investments, makes successful headway in the Indian market.
- An exclusive webinar was held with market veteran
Shankar Sharmaon August 7.
- The organisation targeted 50+ leading educational institutions, including IIMs, IITs, SRCC, ISB, St. Stephen’s, IIFT, and others, to help retail investors navigate bear markets.
As part of this collaboration, Stocktwits, along with Shankar Sharma, hosted a webinar on August 7 for students across 50+ leading colleges in India, including IIMs, IITs, SRCC, ISB, St. Stephen’s, IIFT, and others, where Sharma shared his invaluable insights on the retail investment market in the country.
Navigating volatile times
One of India’s most eminent investors and a Dalal Street veteran, Shankar Sharma shared his views and learnings on market cycles and specific lessons for young, first-time retail investors in an effort to further Stocktwits’s vision of connecting with and educating retail investors across the board. With over three decades of market experience, Shankar Sharma is the Founder of GQuant Investech & Co-Founder of First Global.
In my three decades of experience across the investment and trading circuit, I have witnessed the convergence of bearish markets and slowdowns on numerous occasions. The most important and valuable lesson that I imbibed was that it is both plausible as well as feasible to overcome a bear market with the right knowledge to make timely and informed decisions. I am humbled to share my learnings with an esteemed audience of both new and experienced investors, by partnering with an organisation whose global mission is to empower retail investors.
Stocktwits’ global mission is to reimagine the future of investing and provide a platform to host the global conversation for investors and traders across assets, styles and experience levels. Through this first-of-its-kind initiative, Stocktwits set out to leverage Shankar Sharma’s investing experience to assist and inform the next generation of investors.
Stocktwits’ India plans: Road ahead
Stocktwits’ India launch corresponds with growth in the retail investing landscape across the country, with participation from Tier II and III cities – including first-time investors under the age of 25 – fueling this growth. With a plethora of information on financial markets being easily accessible to consumers today, it is critical for investors to have access to communities to make more informed investment decisions.
Investing in all types of asset classes is now widely accessible in India. Thus, the need of the hour is to help retail investors sharpen their skills and make better-investing decisions. We also believe that investing is best learned via the mentorship model and are thrilled to partner with Shankar Sharma, an investing veteran who needs no introduction and clearly understands market cycles. We are thrilled to provide a platform for Shankar Sharma to share his vast experience with India’s next generation of investors and help prepare them for the next bull market.
Stocktwits is a leading US-based social community of investors & traders and is now entering India. So far, Stocktwits has established itself as one of the leading voices of investing in India and built an active community of over 600,000 Indian investors across its various social media platforms and newsletters. The next phase of Stocktwits’ India roll-out will include platform localisation and continued partnerships with India’s leading investing voices and fintech companies.
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India