The UK government will give the best Indian ideas £3 million to fight COVID-19 and climate change
- The government of the United Kingdom has just announced a £3 million ($3.9 million)
innovation challengein Indiafor ideas from academicians, researchers and startups.
- The fund has been divided into two parts – £1.5 million for an idea from the AI-Data cluster in Karnataka and another £1.5 million the Future Mobility cluster in Maharashtra.
- The innovation challenge is a part of the UK-Tech partnership which was launched in April 2018.
The fund has been divided into two parts – £1.5 million for an idea from the AI-Data cluster in Karnataka and another £1.5 million the Future Mobility cluster in Maharashtra.
For the AI-Data cluster, the fund is open to take applications from researchers, start-ups, organisations – but those based out of Karnataka, while for Future Mobility cluster it’s the same eligibility criteria but from Maharashtra.
The winning idea will be one to fight COVID-19 or one that promotes a greener planet across sectors like Healthcare, environmental protection, energy, future mobility, agriculture, water management, access to information among others.
“The UK and India have a strong history of research and innovation. Both Covid-19 and climate change demonstrate that the most urgent challenges are global. Never has there been a greater need for academia, business and government to accelerate innovation, and for nations to collaborate to save lives and build a better future,” said Sir Philip Barton, High Commissioner to India.
The innovation challenge is a part of the UK-Tech partnership which was launched in April 2018 to boost entrepreneurship and innovation collaboration between the two countries.
These are the two Indian companies to feature in CB Insights 150 most promising digital health startups
Tech Mahindra, HCL Tech, Wipro and likes are hoping global 5G race resumes next year — bringing some large deals before that
Popular on BI
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- Gen Bipin Rawat, his wife, and 11 others killed in chopper crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
- RBI keeps lending rates intact, remains accommodative
- India remains to be ranked as the fourth most powerful country as per Asia Power Index 2021
- Although Shriram Properties has solid future prospects, Omicron may mess things in the near term
- IPL to Covid vaccine — Here’s what Indians searched on Google the most in 2021