Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- With the investment, which has come amidst a boom in the
cryptomarket, the valuation of the startup has jumped over $500 million.
- The funding for
CoinswitchKuber comes just four months after it had raised $15 million.
- Coinswitch Kuber also claims that its user base has multiplied over four times in the same period.
"As they build India’s leading cryptocurrency platform, CoinSwitch is well positioned to capture the tremendous growing interest in crypto among retail investors. We are excited to partner with CoinSwitch as they innovate in this emerging asset class,” said Scott Shleifer, Partner, Tiger Global.
The funding for Coinswitch Kuber comes just four months after it had raised $15 million from global fintech and crypto investor Ribbit Capital, San-Francisco based crypto focused investment firm, Paradigm and Sequoia Capital India. Paradigm was founded by Matt Huang and Fred Ehrsam, co-founder of
Coinswitch Kuber also claims that its user base has multiplied over four times in the same period.
Founded in 2017 by Ashish Singhal, Govind Soni and Vimal Sagar Tiwari, Coinswitch Kuber plans to onboard 10 million users this year. “This investment round brings us at par with some of the most sought after cryptocurrency companies in the world and sets us up for the long run,” said Ashish Singhal, CEO and Co-founder, CoinSwitch Kuber, in a statement.
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- World Bank President nominee Ajay Banga tests covid positive on arrival in Delhi
- Ashneer Grover's new startup CrickPe is a fantasy sports app that will also reward cricketers
- Finance Bill passed in Lok Sabha amid opposition protest
- IPL 2023: Jio introduces new cricket plans providing 3GB data per day
- Digitalisation, credit growth, government policies to drive MSME growth, say experts