Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- With the investment, which has come amidst a boom in the
cryptomarket, the valuation of the startup has jumped over $500 million.
- The funding for
CoinswitchKuber comes just four months after it had raised $15 million.
- Coinswitch Kuber also claims that its user base has multiplied over four times in the same period.
"As they build India’s leading cryptocurrency platform, CoinSwitch is well positioned to capture the tremendous growing interest in crypto among retail investors. We are excited to partner with CoinSwitch as they innovate in this emerging asset class,” said Scott Shleifer, Partner, Tiger Global.
The funding for Coinswitch Kuber comes just four months after it had raised $15 million from global fintech and crypto investor Ribbit Capital, San-Francisco based crypto focused investment firm, Paradigm and Sequoia Capital India. Paradigm was founded by Matt Huang and Fred Ehrsam, co-founder of
Coinswitch Kuber also claims that its user base has multiplied over four times in the same period.
Founded in 2017 by Ashish Singhal, Govind Soni and Vimal Sagar Tiwari, Coinswitch Kuber plans to onboard 10 million users this year. “This investment round brings us at par with some of the most sought after cryptocurrency companies in the world and sets us up for the long run,” said Ashish Singhal, CEO and Co-founder, CoinSwitch Kuber, in a statement.
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall