Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- With the investment, which has come amidst a boom in the
cryptomarket, the valuation of the startup has jumped over $500 million.
- The funding for
CoinswitchKuber comes just four months after it had raised $15 million.
- Coinswitch Kuber also claims that its user base has multiplied over four times in the same period.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 16% OFF
Metallika Centerville Three Seater Sofa cum Bed with Mattress (Glossy Finish, Brown, Metal) By FurnitureKraft₹ 22589₹ 36480Buy On
- 35% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch King Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (72 X 72 X 6 Inches)₹ 11759₹ 19999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Polaris Engineered Wood Oak Finish Queen Bed with Box Storage (Imperial Teak)₹ 12449₹ 21999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Cartina Fabric 5 seater L shape sofa Set (Grey)₹ 26999₹ 30000Buy On
- 4% OFF
Duroflex Back Magic - Doctor Recommended Orthopaedic High Density Coir, 5 Inch Queen Size Firm Mattress for Back Support and Posture Alignment (75 X 60 X 5 Inches)₹ 16909₹ 20008Buy On
"As they build India’s leading cryptocurrency platform, CoinSwitch is well positioned to capture the tremendous growing interest in crypto among retail investors. We are excited to partner with CoinSwitch as they innovate in this emerging asset class,” said Scott Shleifer, Partner, Tiger Global.
The funding for Coinswitch Kuber comes just four months after it had raised $15 million from global fintech and crypto investor Ribbit Capital, San-Francisco based crypto focused investment firm, Paradigm and Sequoia Capital India. Paradigm was founded by Matt Huang and Fred Ehrsam, co-founder of
Coinswitch Kuber also claims that its user base has multiplied over four times in the same period.
Founded in 2017 by Ashish Singhal, Govind Soni and Vimal Sagar Tiwari, Coinswitch Kuber plans to onboard 10 million users this year. “This investment round brings us at par with some of the most sought after cryptocurrency companies in the world and sets us up for the long run,” said Ashish Singhal, CEO and Co-founder, CoinSwitch Kuber, in a statement.
Popular on BI
- Ethereum may not have too long to get its high gas fee issue in check, according to JPMorgan
- Terra's LUNA token continues to hold its own even in a crypto bear market — here's why
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021