Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- With the investment, which has come amidst a boom in the
cryptomarket, the valuation of the startup has jumped over $500 million.
- The funding for
CoinswitchKuber comes just four months after it had raised $15 million.
- Coinswitch Kuber also claims that its user base has multiplied over four times in the same period.
"As they build India’s leading cryptocurrency platform, CoinSwitch is well positioned to capture the tremendous growing interest in crypto among retail investors. We are excited to partner with CoinSwitch as they innovate in this emerging asset class,” said Scott Shleifer, Partner, Tiger Global.
The funding for Coinswitch Kuber comes just four months after it had raised $15 million from global fintech and crypto investor Ribbit Capital, San-Francisco based crypto focused investment firm, Paradigm and Sequoia Capital India. Paradigm was founded by Matt Huang and Fred Ehrsam, co-founder of
Coinswitch Kuber also claims that its user base has multiplied over four times in the same period.
Founded in 2017 by Ashish Singhal, Govind Soni and Vimal Sagar Tiwari, Coinswitch Kuber plans to onboard 10 million users this year. “This investment round brings us at par with some of the most sought after cryptocurrency companies in the world and sets us up for the long run,” said Ashish Singhal, CEO and Co-founder, CoinSwitch Kuber, in a statement.
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- IRCTC crosses ₹1 lakh crore in market cap for the first time as investors adore its monopoly
- We aim to be the YouTube of podcasters and scale up 20X in the next 12 months: Sandeep Lodha, Gaana
- Sensex surges by 400 points to soar past 62,000-mark; Nifty opens at fresh record — L&T, Tech Mahindra, HCL Tech, HUL, Axis Bank and Bharti Airtel top gainers
- AirPods 3 vs AirPods 2: What’s new in Apple’s latest earbuds?