Tired of sanitizing groceries? This Bengaluru startup built a ‘CoronaOven’ that can disinfect everything in less than 10 minutes
- Bengaluru-based startup
Log 9 Materialshas built a ‘ CoronaOven’ in which you can sanitize masks, PPE kits, groceries and more in just ten minutes.
- The product has already been listed on the government’s online marketplace – GEM (Government E-Marketplace).
- It hopes that with this product masks, PPE kits can be reused instead of being thrown away after use.
Bengaluru-based startup Log 9 Materials has built a ‘CoronaOven’ in which you can sanitize masks, PPE kits, groceries and more in just ten minutes. The product uses UV-C light (based upon the scientific principle of UltraViolet Germicidal Irradiation) to kill coronaviruses and other pathogens within 10 minutes, after an object is placed inside the box for disinfection.
“The product has been specifically designed keeping in mind the cell structure and characteristics of ‘the Corona family of viruses’. We were able to create this product and conduct simulations for the same within a very short timeframe (only in the last two weeks or so) basis our existing knowledge of nanoscience as well as competence in terms of rapid prototyping and scientific product development,” said Akshay Singhal, Founder & CEO, Log 9 Materials.
The battery-operated and plug-in device will be as easy to use as a microwave. The nanotechnology start-up has also applied for a patent for the product. It hopes that with this -- masks, PPE kits can be reused instead of being thrown away after use.
The product has already been listed on the government’s online marketplace – GEM (Government E-Marketplace).
The company is expecting to commercialize the product at a large scale and has reached out to government agencies, healthcare providers, and other key stakeholders as well as the common public.
A group of 20 Indian techies built a crowdsourced platform for groceries within a week
Popular on BI
- Better.com CEO accused hundreds of the 900 people he laid off on Zoom of 'stealing' by working only 2 hours daily
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regulate work from home with a comprehensive framework
- India's income inequality is so bad that's weighing down the avg in both South Asia and SouthEast Asia
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit