Tired of sanitizing groceries? This Bengaluru startup built a ‘CoronaOven’ that can disinfect everything in less than 10 minutes
- Bengaluru-based startup
Log 9 Materialshas built a ‘ CoronaOven’ in which you can sanitize masks, PPE kits, groceries and more in just ten minutes.
- The product has already been listed on the government’s online marketplace – GEM (Government E-Marketplace).
- It hopes that with this product masks, PPE kits can be reused instead of being thrown away after use.
Bengaluru-based startup Log 9 Materials has built a ‘CoronaOven’ in which you can sanitize masks, PPE kits, groceries and more in just ten minutes. The product uses UV-C light (based upon the scientific principle of UltraViolet Germicidal Irradiation) to kill coronaviruses and other pathogens within 10 minutes, after an object is placed inside the box for disinfection.
“The product has been specifically designed keeping in mind the cell structure and characteristics of ‘the Corona family of viruses’. We were able to create this product and conduct simulations for the same within a very short timeframe (only in the last two weeks or so) basis our existing knowledge of nanoscience as well as competence in terms of rapid prototyping and scientific product development,” said Akshay Singhal, Founder & CEO, Log 9 Materials.
The battery-operated and plug-in device will be as easy to use as a microwave. The nanotechnology start-up has also applied for a patent for the product. It hopes that with this -- masks, PPE kits can be reused instead of being thrown away after use.
The product has already been listed on the government’s online marketplace – GEM (Government E-Marketplace).
The company is expecting to commercialize the product at a large scale and has reached out to government agencies, healthcare providers, and other key stakeholders as well as the common public.
A group of 20 Indian techies built a crowdsourced platform for groceries within a week
- 10 fresh COVID-19 cases in Himachal Pradesh, tally 394
- Two more COVID-19 cases in HP's Hamirpur, seven recover
- Eight deaths, 143 fresh COVID-19 cases in Telangana
- COVID-19 death toll rises to 8, cases cross 2,600 in Odisha
- Jio Investment: Silver Lake raises stake in Jio Platforms to 2.08% for additional Rs 4,546.80 cr