These are the top 10 most-funded Indian startups of the decade
- India has seen a great 2019, with several
startupsjoining the unicorn club.
- But the last
decadehas truly been the decade of startups.
- Here’s a look at the top 10
most funded startupsof since 2010, according to data sourced from Tracxn.
It is not just the year, the decade itself brought a crucial change into the startup ecosystem. It was longer a silent watcher of the internet boom but became an important part of the digital growth.
India’s startups have captured the attention of consumers and money bags – the VCs and PE firms, alike. It is not just Indian investors but global investors are increasing positions into the country’s innovators.
The noise around the startup ecosystem in India, saw the entry of not just global startups in India but also of international VC firms who set up shop in the country.
This decade, the country’s biggest e-commerce deal ever was executed as Walmart acquired 75% of Flipkart in 2018.
As 2019 comes to an end, here’s a look at the top 10 most funded startups of the decade, according to data sourced from Tracxn.
With Rivigo joining the club, these are the 8 unicorns of 2019 so far
Bizarre! The more losses Oyo makes, the more valuable it gets
Vijay Shekhar Sharma opens next chapter at Paytm as it raises $1 billion from T Rowe, SoftBank and others
Paytm received a total funding of over $3.5 billion
Ola comes a close second with $3.28 bn fundingAdvertisement
OYO Rooms raises over $3 bn as promoter hikes stake
Swiggy, challenging the Indian foodtech spaceAdvertisement
ReNew Power Ventures is leveraging India’s solar and wind potential
Grofers is at the doorstep of the unicorn clubAdvertisement
Byju's – India’s first edtech unicorn
BigBasket – the grocery unicornAdvertisement
Udaan called as one of the fastest growing unicorns of India
Delhivery – the first unicorn of 2019Advertisement
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost