Urban Company partners can now get shares in the company
Urban Companywas valued at $2 billion in June last year.
- The company claims that this is the first time that a tech company has decided to offer stock options to their contractual employees.
- Urban Company's chief executive said that the partners will have to pay a nominal price for the shares.
AdvertisementThe service professionals with Urban Company will now be able to get a stake in the on-demand home and beauty services company.
The company – valued at over $2 billion in June 2021 – has termed this project as Partner Stock Ownership Plan (PSOP).
Notably, companies usually offer stock options to their employees under the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (PSOP). The company claims that this is the first time that a tech company has decided to offer stock options to their
The company plans to issue stocks worth ₹150 Crore in the next 5-7 years. It has already received approval to allocate the first tranche of ₹75 crore. The company believes that the plan can help 20,000-30,000 professionals associated with the platform.
Urban Company's chief executive Abhiraj Singh Bhal emphasised that the partners will have to pay a nominal price, called exercise price, to buy these shares.
SEE ALSO: Vodafone Idea reportedly wants the government to release ₹15,000 crore bank guarantees ahead of its fundraising plan
Crude oil surges significantly to $109 per barrel as countries look for options other than Russia
Popular on BI
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Indian stock indices steady ahead of Q3 GDP data release
- Indian-origin Sridhar Ramaswamy named CEO of data cloud firm Snowflake
- FDI inflows decline 13% to $32 billion in April-December 2023
- Deepveer announce pregnancy, baby to arrive in September
- GPT Healthcare shares debut with over 16% premium