This Indian startup incubator has invested ₹500 crore across 63 deals in 2019
Venture Catalysts, an integrated incubator based out of Mumbai, claims that it has invested ₹500 crore in the Indian startup ecosystem in 2019.
- It has invested the amount through 63 deals and has also exited from 30
startupsin the past four years.
- The incubator provides investment of $500,000 to $1 million per startup with incubation support for one year.
AdvertisementVenture Catalysts, an integrated incubator based out of Mumbai has invested ₹500 crore in the Indian startups in 2019. It invested in 63 deals and exited from 30 startups in the last four years.
Thanks to the explosive growth opportunities it presents, there has been a new class of investors who are keen on being a part of it, from Tier 2 and 3 cities.
“Venture Catalysts identified the investment potential among High Net Worth Individuals (HNIs) from small towns who, till a few years ago, invested only in stock markets and real estate. But, since the sub-prime crisis of 2008, this category of investors was looking for a new class of assets that could give them better returns,” said Dr Apoorva Ranjan Sharma, president and co-founder of Venture Catalysts.
The incubator provides investment of $500,000 to $1 million per startup with incubation support for a year.
In August this year, it announced a new fund called 9Unicorns with an outlay of ₹300 crore. The fund claims to be the first ‘accelerator VC’ in India, and aims to invest in 100 startups every year. The fund hopes to identify the next set of unicorns, and help them grow.
Through an investor network of over 5000 angels, Venture Catalysts is sector agnostic -- investing across sectors.
It invested in startups like BharatPe, Beardo, Easyrewardz (which was recently acquired by Flipkart), Reliance-backed Fynd, Oyo-acquired Innov8 etc.
Betting on early stage startups too, Venture Catalysts has invested in LenDenClub, Home Capital, Ideal Insurance, LiquiLoans and OTO Capital.
These are the hottest startup sectors of the decade
Popular on BI
- Slip and slide: Ten brands that shed the most value in 2023
- Ready to debut: Two Tata SUVs to see facelifts this October, and more
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance