This Indian startup is offering a ‘sleep internship’ where you can nap for 9 hours and get paid ₹1 lakh
- Wakefit.co is offering sleep
internships, where it’s asking candidates to nap for 9 hours a day for 100 days.
- One of the conditions of the internship is – no using a laptop during work hours.
- Once the data is shared with the startup, a stipend of ₹1 lakh will be given to the candidate.
And how do you land this job? You will have to convince the startup about your true love for sleep.
“We are looking to recruit the best sleepers in the country who are willing to go to any lengths to make sleep a priority in their lives. The
AdvertisementThrough the internship, Wakefit will monitor one’s sleep pattern as the interns would be sleeping on the startup’s mattress. It will also offer counselling sessions and give a sleep tracker, that will monitor their sleep before and after using the mattress.
To top it all - one of the conditions of the internship is – no using a laptop during work hours.
Once the data is shared with the startup for having slept nine hours every day for 100 days, the company will offer a stipend of ₹1 lakh.
“This initiative is another step towards making sleep an integral part of maintaining work-life balance in our lives,” said Ramalingegowda.
The startup is also campaigning for the ‘Right to Work Naps’. It will also install siesta rooms at offices. It has partnered with Rentomojo and Cloudnine hospitals to collaborate for employee wellness.
A survey conducted by Wakefit said that 86% respondents strongly advocated a nap room. They believe that it will help increase productivity.
Microsoft’s four-day work week idea will be good for Indians— but there is a lot to be fixed before that
This Indian startup is pushing for the ‘Right to Nap’ at work and is installing siesta rooms in offices
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles