Yahoo and eBay investor Betsy Atkins joining OYO’s board is a sign of the company’s IPO plans
OYOannounced the appointment of Betsy Atkinson its board as an independent director.
- Atkins as the CEO of
Baja corporationwhich invested in companies like Yahooand eBay.
- Her expertise lies in scaling companies leading them to successful IPO and acquisitions.
AdvertisementOYO announced the appointment of Betsy Atkins as independent director into its board. Atkins is the CEO of Baja corporation, where she has built three early stage funds, and invested in companies like Yahoo and eBay.
Interestingly, Atkins’ expertise lies in scaling companies and leading them to successful IPOs and acquisitions.
Her entry could all but confirm the many rumours that OYO might soon be heading for an IPO. “She is an expert at scaling companies through the hyper-growth stage and leading them to successful access to the public markets and acquisitions, which makes her a great addition to OYO, as the company moves towards its next phase of growth,” said Oyo in a press release.
Having established itself in the Indian and Chinese markets, OYO is now investing heavily in the US market.
Atkins joins Oyo’s board which has eminent people like Mark Schwartz, Vice Chairman of Goldman Sachs and Chairman of Goldman Sachs Asia Pacific; Munish Varma of SoftBank Vision Fund; Bejul Somaia ofLightspeed India Partners Advisors; and Mohit Bhatnagar of Sequoia Capital India Advisor on the board of OYO.
‘’OYO, with its unique asset-light business model and strong data capabilities, is creating something entirely new for the more than 3 billion middle-income travellers and city dwellers who need accommodations that meet their standards and also their budgets,” Atkins said.
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Road accident death rate has dropped in Kerala after AI cameras became operational: Transport Minister