Ahead of its imminent IPO – Zomato CEO says food delivery in India has reached pre-COVID levels
- The foodtech unicorn’s CEO Deepinder Goyal also said that many cities in India have also surpassed their pre-COVID order numbers.
- He added that since the announcement of a country-wide lockdown on March 23,
Zomatohas delivered a total of 9.2 crore orders.
- This surely comes as good news for Zomato which is reportedly heading for an IPO in early 2021.
Happy to share that India food delivery volumes have reached pre-COVID peaks. A number of cities are now at over 12… https://t.co/8zKCsOX1ka— Deepinder Goyal (@deepigoyal) 1602486016000
Goyal also said that going forward, he expects the
In a mid-year report published by the company in September, Zomato had said that Delhi and Mumbai were nearing full recovery (95% of pre-COVID).
And it wasn’t just the order numbers but also the transaction volume that has been increasing for Zomato. “With more premium restaurants, i.e. restaurants where a meal for two may cost ₹1500 and above, now opening up to online delivery, a larger number of affluent consumers are embracing online ordering. Overall spends on such premium restaurants have grown by over 25% over pre-COVID levels,” wrote Goyal in the report.
Good news for Zomato ahead of its IPO
This surely comes as good news for Zomato which is reportedly heading for an IPO in early 2021. While Zomato has a $3.5 billion valuation now, analysts at HSBC peg the valuation to hit $5 billion.
According to reports, Zomato CEO Deepinder Goyal in an email to his employees said that the company is looking to list publicly in the first half of 2021. Goyal also spoke about the company’s funding and said that the company has $250 million in the bank and as their current round wounds up they will have $600 million.
The news came as Zomato raised $102.5 million from Tiger Global Management at a $3.4 billion valuation.
Razorpay is the latest to join the unicorn club with its new $100 million fundraise
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months