Zomato sold ₹2.6 crore worth Gold memberships in April – all of it will be donated to restaurant workers
- The company said 26,000 users in India bought gold membership.
- Under the
Zomato Goldsupport fund, the company had offered 1-year free membership for all gold subscriptions bought in April.
- The money will be donated to over 3100 restaurant workers across the country.
AdvertisementIndian foodtech unicorn
The company said 26,000 users in India bought gold membership. Under the Zomato Gold support fund, the company had offered 1-year free membership for all gold subscriptions bought in April.
“All funds collected as part of this initiative have already been disbursed to over 3100 restaurant workers from 378
Zomato also said that it is contributing 10% of the collections, or ₹26.5 lakhs, to the NRAI Covid-19 Relief Fund – an initiative set up by the NRAI to support restaurant workers and their families impacted by COVID-19.
Interestingly, the Gold membership was the reason why Zomato and the NRAI were in a tiff for most of 2019. The increasing discounts offered by Zomato through its gold offering had irked restaurant owners for cutting into their revenue.
For all existing Gold users, the company had extended their membership as restaurants are shut across the country.
Meanwhile, Zomato had also set up the ‘Feed the Daily wager’ fund and the rider relief fund. For the daily wager fund, Zomato has already crowdsourced over ₹30 crore.
People in Bengaluru can now take home freshly brewed beer starting May 14 — conditions applied
MakeMyTrip will now deliver food – jumps into the ring where Zomato and Swiggy are already fighting it out
Popular on BI
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report