Zomato rolls out its grocery delivery service – Zomato Market
- As the demand for online groceries grows with people staying home due to the
coronaviruspandemic, Zomatohas rolled out its grocery deliveryservice.
- Called as ‘
Zomato Market’, the app identifies the closest grocery stores for delivery.
- While there hasn’t been an official statement from Zomato yet, the grocery delivery service is listed before the food delivery listings.
Called as ‘Zomato Market’, the app identifies the closest grocery stores for delivery.
While there hasn’t been an official statement from Zomato yet, the grocery delivery service is listed before the food delivery listings.
Rumours have been doing the rounds about Zomato’s entry into the grocery segment, and its acquisition of UberEats in January had only fueled those rumours with Zomato getting access to a larger customer base as well as delivery partners.
In 2019, Zomato’s rival Swiggy had announced its delivery service – Swiggy stores. Within six months of its launch in Gurugram, Swiggy had said that its grocery delivery service was operating at a significant scale even when compared to Swiggy’s food delivery volumes in the city, with plenty of headroom for growth.
Meanwhile, FMCG major Marico has also partnered with Zomato and Swiggy for the delivery of essential supplies. “As one of India’s leading consumer companies, we are working towards ensuring the availability and easy access of essential food items to consumers. In an effort towards this, we have partnered with Swiggy and Zomato to provide Saffola and Coco Soul products to individuals’ doorstep in a safe manner,” said Sanjay Mishra, Chief Operating Officer- India Sales and Bangladesh Business, Marico.
EXCLUSIVE: Coronavirus crisis will give birth to unimaginable ideas and next-gen leaders, says a top Indian VC Vani Kola
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down