Zomato rolls out its grocery delivery service – Zomato Market
- As the demand for online groceries grows with people staying home due to the
coronaviruspandemic, Zomatohas rolled out its grocery deliveryservice.
- Called as ‘
Zomato Market’, the app identifies the closest grocery stores for delivery.
- While there hasn’t been an official statement from Zomato yet, the grocery delivery service is listed before the food delivery listings.
Called as ‘Zomato Market’, the app identifies the closest grocery stores for delivery.
While there hasn’t been an official statement from Zomato yet, the grocery delivery service is listed before the food delivery listings.
Rumours have been doing the rounds about Zomato’s entry into the grocery segment, and its acquisition of UberEats in January had only fueled those rumours with Zomato getting access to a larger customer base as well as delivery partners.
In 2019, Zomato’s rival Swiggy had announced its delivery service – Swiggy stores. Within six months of its launch in Gurugram, Swiggy had said that its grocery delivery service was operating at a significant scale even when compared to Swiggy’s food delivery volumes in the city, with plenty of headroom for growth.
Meanwhile, FMCG major Marico has also partnered with Zomato and Swiggy for the delivery of essential supplies. “As one of India’s leading consumer companies, we are working towards ensuring the availability and easy access of essential food items to consumers. In an effort towards this, we have partnered with Swiggy and Zomato to provide Saffola and Coco Soul products to individuals’ doorstep in a safe manner,” said Sanjay Mishra, Chief Operating Officer- India Sales and Bangladesh Business, Marico.
EXCLUSIVE: Coronavirus crisis will give birth to unimaginable ideas and next-gen leaders, says a top Indian VC Vani Kola
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Kunal Shah’s CRED doubles its valuation to $4 billion in less than six months
- Apple MacBook Pro and AirPods 3 launched – Indian pricing, features and everything you need to know
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- IRCTC crosses ₹1 lakh crore in market cap for the first time as investors adore its monopoly
- Crypto markets restless as Bitcoin ETF gears up to meet the NYSE tonight