Zomato rolls out its grocery delivery service – Zomato Market
- As the demand for online groceries grows with people staying home due to the
coronaviruspandemic, Zomatohas rolled out its grocery deliveryservice.
- Called as ‘
Zomato Market’, the app identifies the closest grocery stores for delivery.
- While there hasn’t been an official statement from Zomato yet, the grocery delivery service is listed before the food delivery listings.
AdvertisementThe food delivery app Zomato is now delivering groceries as well. As the demand for online groceries grows with people staying home due to the coronavirus pandemic, Zomato has rolled out its grocery delivery service.
Called as ‘Zomato Market’, the app identifies the closest grocery stores for delivery.
While there hasn’t been an official statement from Zomato yet, the grocery delivery service is listed before the food delivery listings.
Rumours have been doing the rounds about Zomato’s entry into the grocery segment, and its acquisition of UberEats in January had only fueled those rumours with Zomato getting access to a larger customer base as well as delivery partners.
In 2019, Zomato’s rival Swiggy had announced its delivery service – Swiggy stores. Within six months of its launch in Gurugram, Swiggy had said that its grocery delivery service was operating at a significant scale even when compared to Swiggy’s food delivery volumes in the city, with plenty of headroom for growth.
Meanwhile, FMCG major Marico has also partnered with Zomato and Swiggy for the delivery of essential supplies. “As one of India’s leading consumer companies, we are working towards ensuring the availability and easy access of essential food items to consumers. In an effort towards this, we have partnered with Swiggy and Zomato to provide Saffola and Coco Soul products to individuals’ doorstep in a safe manner,” said Sanjay Mishra, Chief Operating Officer- India Sales and Bangladesh Business, Marico.
EXCLUSIVE: Coronavirus crisis will give birth to unimaginable ideas and next-gen leaders, says a top Indian VC Vani Kola
Popular on BI
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares
- Two Adani Group companies rule as the top all-round wealth creators – here are a few other unexpected entries