Can you guess what was Kate Winslet's Indian connection at the Oscars?
AdvertisementAmid much fanfare, excitement and Leonardo Di Caprio’s much awaited win (RIP Leo Oscar jokes. You will be missed) the 88th Annual
The almost three hour extravaganza attended by Hollywood’s who’s who had its high moments, one of them including its various Indian connections.
No, we’re not talking only of Priyanka Chopra, who was a presenter at this Year’s
What we’re talking of has to do with a certain
While all eyes were on the Titanic actress as she stepped out looking breathtaking in a black strapless trail dress, we found out something familiar and desi about her look.
As it turns out, Kate Winslet stepped into the red carpet adorned exclusively in
Nirav Modi, whose net worth according to Forbes hovers in millions is an Indian jewellery designer, whose boutiques are currently located in New York, Hong Kong, New Delhi and Mumbai, with an opening in London set for 2016.
And, what more? He has found a fan in none other than Kate Winslet. “Nirav Modi jewels express superior craftsmanship and innovation; whether it be unique diamond cuts or delicate mechanisms that allow jewels to move and adapt with the wearer. The feminine modern designs are among my very favorite,” she was heard saying.
Image credit: AP
Popular on BI
- Apple announces 14 best apps, games on App Store in 2023
- Markets give up early gains; trade lower on profit-taking
- H9N2 virus spreading among children, has connection with winter: Director of Lady Harding Hospital
- Tata Tech and Gandhar Oil shine on debut, while Fedbank falters
- Va va vroom:Tata Technologies stock doubles investor money on debut