UPSC recruitment 2020: Nearly 30 government jobs for engineering and IT graduates have opened up in the Ministry of Home Affairs
- UPSC has put out an official notification to recruit Intelligence officers and data processing assistants in the
Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The government plans to hire for 29 vacant positions across the
National Crime Records Bureauand the Intelligence Bureau.
- The selected candidates will be a part of cyber security, forensics and criminal applications team.
This includes vacancies in the Women Safety Department of the National Crime Records Bureau and the Intelligence Bureau.
Interested professionals can visit the official website of UPSC and the last date for application is January 16, 2020. The candidates shall be posted across locations in India, depending on the requirement.
The selected candidates will be a part of cyber security, forensics and criminal applications team.
Data Processing Assistant — Two vacancies in the women's safety department
The candidates selected for this role will be responsible for procurement, maintenance and updating software of criminal applications. These engineers will be a part of the administration team which conducts training and provides security assistance of Data Centre and Networks.
Those hired will have to undergo a two year probation period
The applicants must be aged between 21-30 years. However, upper age limit may be relaxed for those appointed as a government servant before.
The minimum educational qualification of a candidate applying for the post of data processing assistant is a master’s degree in computer applications, IT or B.Tech in
Deputy Central Intelligence Officer — 27 vacancies in the Intelligence Bureau of the ministry
The candidates for intelligence team will have to supervise operations across the ministry’s communication network such as audio, video and CCTVs. This also includes maintenance of forensics equipment. Other tasks are research and development in the field of electronics and telecommunications.
The selected candidates will have to serve a probation period of one year.
The intelligence officer will require a postgraduate degree in science, computer applications or information technology. The applicant can also be an engineering graduate in the field of electronics, telecommunications, computer science and software, or IT.
The candidate’s age must not exceed 35 years for general category and 40 years in case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
Engineering students can now intern with IAS officers
It takes just three months for a software engineer to become a data scientist. Find out how
This is why India’s MBAs and engineers may be hoping to turn watchman and sanitation workers
- India at forefront of vaccine development: Modi
- How music has become the real social connector, and technology has helped democratize music in today’s digitally connected world
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump versus Biden — Here’s what the result of the US election could mean for India
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Tata Motors CEO is not worried about Musk's Tesla coming to India
- Chinese soldier strays across the border — detained by India , to be released soon