CBI Registers Preliminary Inquiry Against Adani Group
The inquiry was registered by the CBI last month in the wake of allegations that the three firms — Adani Power Maharashtra, Adani Power Rajasthan and Maharashtra Eastern Grid Power Transmission Company — availed various credit facilities from
According to a top CBI official, "The documents were routed through Electrogen Infra, the UAE intermediary. While actual worth of the equipment was remitted to the supplier, the inflated extra amount was siphoned off."
The group has availed credit facilities from State Bank of India,
The CBI may soon start questioning company officials and banks involved to probe if there was a criminal conspiracy and loss to the exchequer. It is also likely to seek documents of the financial transactions between the banks and the companies.
Popular on BI
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge